Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Please help in identifying these bugs!! ARE THEY BED BUGS?!?!?!?!?!

(2 posts)
  1. kungfuchic

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 22:51:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, so a few days ago I learned from my manager that one of the spaces we have have been infested with insects. One of the employees said that they're blood sucking and that blood would come out upon squishing them. I obviously got freaked cause i have this irrational fear of bedbugs which was my initial thought when I heard what he said. It apparently was a very old issue that went unreported because they weren't bothered by it. They used insect sprays a couple of weeks back to try and resolve the issue and they saw improvements however, the problem recently came back. They apparently were isolated on the walls and they couldnt find any on the cabinets (not sure how thoroughly they inspected it though), now there's really a lot. One of the other employee can even catch a shit ton of it. We are currently looking for a pest control company that can help us with it but my mind is going crazy cause i dont want to accidentally bring one home an[code]d get infested as our employees from that space often go to our office where i work! they might carry one of those in their shirt or bags and deposit it in here. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP IN IDENTIFYING WHETHER THE ATTACHED PHOTOS ARE BED BUGS!!!!!

if the code above doesn't work, here is a direct link https://i.imgur.com/7cy1YP9.jpg

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Oct 11 2018 7:31:19
    #

Login to Send PM

kungfuchic - 8 hours ago  » 
    Hi, so a few days ago I learned from my manager that one of the spaces we have have been infested with insects. One of the employees said that they're blood sucking and that blood would come out upon squishing them. I obviously got freaked cause i have this irrational fear of bedbugs which was my initial thought when I heard what he said. It apparently was a very old issue that went unreported because they weren't bothered by it. They used insect sprays a couple of weeks back to try and resolve the issue and they saw improvements however, the problem recently came back. They apparently were isolated on the walls and they couldnt find any on the cabinets (not sure how thoroughly they inspected it though), now there's really a lot. One of the other employee can even catch a shit ton of it. We are currently looking for a pest control company that can help us with it but my mind is going crazy cause i dont want to accidentally bring one home an[code]d get infested as our employees from that space often go to our office where i work! they might carry one of those in their shirt or bags and deposit it in here. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP IN IDENTIFYING WHETHER THE ATTACHED PHOTOS ARE BED BUGS!!!!!

Definitely no bed bugs. Hard to tell what's there due to the reflective plastic in the photo. A bit dark, too. Top photo. Could be small moths, maybe tineid clothes moths. Middle photo could be representative of dark booklice and last photo could be pale booklice. Just educated guesses.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg