Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Please help. I'm losing my mind and feeling desperate.

(27 posts)
  1. acs80

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 18:26:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't figure out if I have these damned bed bugs or not. About two weeks ago, after waking up with mystery bites a few times, I had a K9 unit come out to my condo to do an inspection. The dog searched my house and the handler even took apart my bed to check all the components, including the frame, and they gave me the all-clear. After that, I resumed life as normal and didn't have any more bites. Crisis averted.

I know no one can tell someone if they have bed bugs or not from the description of a bite, but please, bear with me. I'm at the end of my rope.

About two days ago, I woke up and noticed a red bump on the side of my thigh. Uh-oh. I scratched it to see how itchy it was, and it got bigger when I scratched it, kind of like a welt. I checked my whole body and didn't see anything else, so I tried not to worry. Later on in the day, however, I developed another bump on my OTHER leg, though in about the same place as the first bump (upper thigh). This, too, got bigger and itchier when I scratched it.

Yesterday I woke up and had more of these weird bumps, this time on my neck. There are about four altogether and two look like small, red pimples. The other is more welt-like in size and shape but again, isn't that itchy.

Today I woke up and had one small pimple-like bump very close to the first bump that I described above. Later on in the day, when I was in the bathroom (sorry for the graphic detail), I noticed that there was another small pimple-like bump right next to it, that must have developed over the course of the day today.

I think these bumps, whatever they are, have a bite mark in the center (i.e. a little hole thing where it looks like the skin was penetrated). I'm wondering, though, if these bumps are not bites, but rather something like infected hair follicles or acne, would there also be a white dot in the middle where the follicle is? I feel like the first two bumps I got a few days ago might start to scab over or something.

What the hell is going on? I've checked my room and had the K9 inspection (which, I understand, isn't a 100% guarantee, but the team I used had been well-reviewed on this site). I have climb ups on my bed legs and a passive monitor on my bed, and all seem to be clear at the moment. And also, there was that long, almost four-week gap between the first "mystery bites" and these. I realize this isn't the "normal" pattern for bed bugs, but then again, it seems like they defy all logic and pattern.

I am so depressed and anxious. Literally, all day I'm shaking because I'm so stressed about this. I'm not sure what to do. I have no one that will listen to these fears any more.

I know everyone's bites are different, but I'm still hoping and praying that there's some other explanation for the bites. Has anyone had any acne/skin infection present itself this way? I'm a woman and am getting close to my time of the month (sorry again for the TMI) and I realize that that can make a person's skin a little strange sometimes.

Thank you so much if you got this far into my message and can offer some advice.

2. bugzy

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 18:45:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm a nurse and what you described could be a lot of things. I could be anything from hives, to herpes to yup, bed bug bites. I'm not an expert on bed bugs, but if you've been getting these for a few weeks, I would think there would be signs of them. I knew a couple of weeks after exposure, there was blood on the sheets, feces on the mattress and even some walkin on the walls. Unfortunately the kids didn't tell me about it. We you exposed that you know of? The K9 didn't hit on anything, I think all you can do know if keep an eye out for them and try not to get yourself too stressed out. I know, easier said than done.

3. BuggedOutBabe

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 18:46:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I can only tell you what my bites looked like. I got them on the back of my
    arms and thigh. They were very itchy welts with a hole in the middle.

4. acs80

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 18:57:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks to you both for the response. It's the "hole in the middle" of my bites that has me so scared. I think it must be where the skin was punctured by the bed bug, right? I mean, what else would explain it?

I live in a very infested part of Chicago on the north side (my neighborhood is right near Lake Michigan and extremely densely populated) and I know multiple buildings on my street have dealt with infestations, including the building right next door to mine. Horror of horrors. So, to answer your question Bugzy, I don't believe I've been exposed, in the sense of stepping foot in a building that's infested with bed bugs, but they are, as we speak, breeding in buildings all around me. Can they move independently from building to building, or do they really have to hitchhike on someone and physically brought into another residence? I even walk on the other side of the street when I take my dog out because I don't want to walk past the building next door that had the infestation -- I know that probably does absolutely nothing at all, but it makes me feel just the teensiest bit better, mentally.

5. bugzy

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 19:12:23
    #

Login to Send PM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54590091@N07/5055271461/

A little hole in the middle points to a bug bite, but again, it could be any number of insects. My bites had a little pustule (blister) on the top, and were really red. there's a picture attached.

6. acs80

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 19:36:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks again, Bugzy. I was hoping you were going to write back and say, acne pimples or ingrown hairs have holes in the middle of them! Or something. I know any number of insects can cause bug bites, but I guess I have to face facts. What bugs, other than bed bugs, bite only at night, repeatedly? I mean, it's not summer anymore and I'm not spending hours outside, so it's not like these are mosquito bites or anything. I live in an old and kind of spider-y building, but I guess it's now been established that spiders don't bite over and over again. Yesterday, strangely, I found a worm-like insect in my bed that was either a super tiny worm or a larvae of some insect. I took a picture (link below). It's weird that I found THAT (whatever it is), but no bed bugs yet. I know that a larvae can cause skin irritation, but it wouldn't cause the "hole in the center" that we're talking about, right?

Ach, bed bugs seem like the only explanation. Maybe the dog was wrong or I've been infested in the two weeks since the dog was here? I'm losing my mind -- calling the exterminator tomorrow, I guess? I don't know what else to do.

Worm picture:
    http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/ad150/acs80/?action=view&current=worm.jpg

7. socraticlogic

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 20:13:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Um. I'm not in any way an expert about either bed bugs or skin conditions, but could the holes just be pores or hair follicles?

8. SearchandDestroy

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 21:13:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Is that a carpet beetle worm? Any pros out there?

9. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 21:44:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry you are feeling the way you are but it really sounds like there is no reason to believe you have bed bugs. Yes, there are bites (or something that looks like bites) but that can come from any number of insects/bugs -- they could even be some sort of allergic reaction or skin condition. (Believe it or not, it's just about impossible to differentiate bed bug bites from other bug bites from an allergic reaction to many skin conditions.) The K9 team cleared you -- you had an uneventful physical inspection -- and didn't find anything with two types of passive monitors. What you appear to be reacting to is the media frenzy/paranoia surrounding bed bugs, but not bed bugs. If I were you I'd see a good dermatologist and perhaps they can add something to the equation or at least do a biopsy to test for insect bites versus other skin conditions. Just remember if this happened a few years ago you wouldn't even be thinking bed bugs, but today that is all people think when something on their skin looks like bites.

Richard

10. EllaBlue

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 21:46:48
    #

Login to Send PM

For some reason this does not sound like bedbugs to me. I dunno......
    My experience is my neighbor being badly infested but I did not get them. I did a huge consult with the exterminator that took care of that adjacent apartment, put everything in storage for a LOooooooooong cold winter and had everything treated just in case, and I really feel lucky that I did not get them.

I get hives a lot with my Lupus. Actually about 6 mths ago I got these TERRIBLE bumps/welts all over my breasts, under my breasts and then on my sides. Of course what is the FIRST thing that we think of right! It was again, a Lupus rash..a new one but still a rash.

I would certainly be inspected again. First this will put your mind at ease and IF by chance you have them, early detection has to be a good thing. Please let us know what you find out.

That pix that you posted just looks like something I have seen from a garden and or in a first floor apartment that got damp.

I am by no means an expert, but I think you are doing the right thing by being inspected. I will cross my fingers that you are okay!!

11. 123bugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 21:48:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert but I am almost positive that is a carpet beetle larvae.
    I'm in the same watch and agonizingly wait boat...........

12. bbpsych

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 21:56:08
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like we might live in the same neighborhood, acs80. If you'd like, feel free to PM me. Re: the bites . . . I'd echo what everyone else has said. I know it's sooooo . . . difficult to calm yourself, but try to have confidence in the canine inspection (sounds like they were very thorough) and also in the fact you haven't found other signs. Seeing a dermatologist as Richard suggested might also help you.

13. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 22:03:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Ach, bed bugs seem like the only explanation.
    ------------
    If I had a dollar for every person who was positive they had bed bugs but turned out they didn't I could retire. FWIW I was absolutely positive I had them as well but turned out I didn't. It's not easy to turn the corner of firmly believing you have bed bugs to a place where you realize you don't. The only way to do that is to understand that a bed bug infestation leaves certain signs. Either bugs, fecal material or cast skins. If none of these signs are present then you don't have bed bugs. Everything else can just be a big smoke screen that can be explained away in any number of ways, because when you have bed bugs on the brain, everything points to bed bugs.

Richard

14. bbpsych

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 22:20:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm with Richard on this one, but believe me, I wouldn't have been in the height of my anxiety! I did have BBs at one point, and at that point, I had signs of them. Even after there weren't any more signs, I firmly believed they were still there - just hiding. Now that some time has passed, and I actively use strategies to calm myself, it's easier to let the evidence guide me. No evidence = No bed bugs (probably) . . . Ok, so I'm not completely anxiety-free

I just reread your post and may have missed this, but is your bed encased? If not, that might be a helpful preventive measure. Another piece of advice I've seen on these boards is conducting regular inspections (maybe just once a week or so, so you don't drive yourself crazier!). And maybe a delicious glass of wine or bowl of ice cream or pedicure or massage or bubble bath . . . Try to do something for yourself

15. bbpsych

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 22:23:41
    #

Login to Send PM

P.S. I had several things that looked like those little worms on my closet floor - hanging out in a childhood stuffed animal. My PCO said they were carpet beetles.

16. nycyn

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 23:02:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Did not someone ID this exact worm like yesterday, or am I losing my mind too?

17. Jenn28

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 23:21:21
    #

Login to Send PM

acs80,

Do not hang your hat on the K-9 inspection. They are not 100%. Most of the time you have to have evidence before a good company will agree to treat for bed bugs. It sucks, but there are many other things that cause these same bite like things you're getting. Could be anything, however I hope for your sake it's not bed bugs. You do not want to go through this. You are already getting a taste of the mental anxiety this can cause!!

18. acs80

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Oct 6 2010 0:53:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow, I never cease to be amazed by how compassionate and helpful the members of this community are, time and again. Thank you so much for all those kind and reassuring replies. Richard and bbpsych, thanks for echoing the mantra of no evidence=no bugs. I know that I am indeed highly susceptible to the power of suggestion and my panic becomes MUCH worse any time I see or read a new report about BBs.

Tonight I talked my boyfriend into taking apart my bed (I just couldn't bring myself to do it again on my own) and told him what to look for, and he said he didn't see anything amiss. He took the mattress and box spring off, inspected them, inspected the wooden slats of the bed frame, removed those and looked under them, and checked the crevices of the frame itself. He also looked in all the climb ups and said they were empty. Bbpsych, to answer your question, yes, my mattress and box spring are both encased, and have been for over a year. Boyfriend reported that he didn't see anything on those, either (I told him what fecal matter looked like and he didn't see anything like that).

I think I'll call an exterminator tomorrow, not to schedule a treatment (I agree with what I've read here, namely, one should not do a treatment until one has found evidence) but rather to ask for a physical inspection of my condo. When the K9 unit came two weeks ago, the dog searched my entire unit and then his handler took my bed apart and did an extremely meticulous inspection of all elements of the bed, just to be sure. Nothing came up then -- no alerts from the dog, and nothing amiss from the handler inspection. But I wonder, was that enough of an inspection? I realize that this has the potential to become a vicious cycle: if I get another inspection, afterward I'll just be back at square one, where I was after I had the K9 inspection. If I find more mystery bumps on my body after having the second visual inspection, what then? Do I get a third? A fourth? As a professor, I am not a woman of means, and, as you all know, this can get expensive, FAST.

Nycyn, you're not losing your mind. I posted that picture of the worm-y thing yesterday but only got a response from spideyjg, who guessed it was either a caterpillar or maybe a beetle larvae, but said he wasn't sure. He didn't think it was a carpet beetle larvae (those, he said, are usually shorter and fuzzier), and suggested that one of the "real pros" might have a better idea. I thought someone else on this thread might have some suggestions -- maybe it is a carpet beetle larvae, after all? I know those can cause skin reactions, though I'm still obsessing over the hole in the middle of these bumps that points to nothing but an insect bite of some sort.

EllaBlue, thanks for sharing your story. It gives me hope to hear that your neighbor was infested and you weren't. One of my largest fears is that multiple buildings on my street have become infested and I feel that it's inevitable that I'll somehow track bed bugs or eggs or something into my building and unit. But it's reassuring to know that it in fact not necessarily inevitable, that you at least were able to avoid an infestation.

Thank you again for all your help! I am despairing a little less after reading all your supportive messages.

19. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Oct 6 2010 1:05:19
    #

Login to Send PM

f I find more mystery bumps on my body after having the second visual inspection, what then? Do I get a third? A fourth?
    ------------
    No. If you don't have evidence of bed bugs then instead of inspecting for bed bugs you should look elsewhere for the cause of your bumps. Again, bumps don't necessarily equate to bed bugs. A dermatologist would be a good start. Or an allergist. You could also try some inexpensive electric flea traps. But just because you can't find out where the bumps come from doesn't mean they are coming from bed bugs.

20. acs80

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Oct 6 2010 1:12:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Ah yes, thank you, Richard -- I forgot to mention your advice about the dermatologist in my last reply. My boyfriend also suggested I see a dermatologist and maintains, despite my refusal to agree with him, that one can have a rash or stress hives and cause that "little hole in the middle" that I've been obsessing over by scratching the bump and ripping off the thin layer of skin on the top. I don't know if I believe that, but I guess it's a decent theory. So I'll call tomorrow to see if I can get into a dermatologist to have him/her take a look. Thanks again for everything.

21. bbpsych

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Oct 10 2010 21:54:58
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I've been thinking about your situation as I read other posts and also think about my current situation . . . Although I firmly believe in there being evidence . . . I'm wondering about the situations where they're living in the bedframe or walls. Is there evidence then?

22. bughater2010

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 20:16:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh my! You are describing my situation to the letter. I too had bed bugs a while ago. Had the thermal treatment and they gave me the all clear. if you see my posts you'll get a sense of how desperate I am. I still get those bumps, I even get them during the day. Yet no sign whatsoever of bugs, no fecal matter, no dead skins, nothing.
    I had Orkin come and do an inspection and found nothing. I can't afford the dog, cuz the only one in So. Florida is too expensive and I just can't afford it. So here I sit, with new bumps everyday. I'll be making an appointment with a dermatologist to find out what the heck is going on.
    My problem is that these bites look exactly like the one I got when i had the bugs. So in my mind, they are the reson why I still have them today.
    Mattress is encased, climb ups are clean, dry ice trap clean as well.
    BTW do you remember those care free days when your bed was a place of solace and comfort? That's what I miss, my bedroom was that place for me, not anymore
    I live for the day when I don't get up in the middle of the night to inspect. Or feel the crawlies only to check and find nothing.
    This site has helped tremendously, but has also provided no definite answers.

23. egadsabug

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 23:01:52
    #

Login to Send PM

STOP FREAKING OUT STOP FREAKING OUT STOP FREAKING OUT

^^^ That's my new mantra! I have a story extremely similar to yours, I hear you.

As soon as I saw your post with the carpet beetle larvae picture...I sighed a breath of relief for you. I too, have recently had "bites" and found my little condo infested w/ carpet beetle larvae. They are the larvae of these itty bitty beetles - sometimes black sometimes variegated. The beetles want to be outside, the larvae are cozy inside eating your clothes, wool, cotton, hair, pet hair...

The larvae themselves, in later stages, have longer "hairs" on them. The hairs are barbed, and can stick you. How do I know this? I too, freaked out from bites (none of them clustered) one morning. All I found were carpet beetle larvae. After Googling up a storm - I found that there are many accounts (and later confirmed by my university's "bugman" and my PCO) of people getting "bites" from the larvae. It's actually the hairs, pricking you, and you having an allergic reaction.

My "bites" describe like yours --- there is a red spot in the center which turns kinda white as a blister/whitehead. My bites had a large bruise-like hive around them, took forever to go away. If I pushed on it, it HURT LIKE HELL! (I learned later, the barb and still be in the wound). Happenstance --- I am anaphylactic to shellfish, and the larvae hairs are made of a shellfish protein (the most allergenic one), chitin.

It's kinda freaky - I've been freaked out --- thinking bed bugs at one point (but like you, no fecal matter or other signs), then some sort of mite. It's just carpet beetle larvae that I am having a reaction to.

It's been...3 weeks for me now since my initial "bites" --- which --- were under the areas of my nightshirt, not clustered in any way like the typical bed bug bites. Turns out - I had the freaking larvae in my pj drawer! I'm guessing that nightshirt was full of molted hairs. In the 2 weeks since my crazy cleaning/bagging --- I've got a random hivey-bite or two --- from leftover hairs still in my environment. I shower right before bed now, pull pjs right from a clean ziploc, and sleep on fresh laundered sheets. I'm now going 3 days for sheets, b/c I'm showering right before bed and I no longer see them on/near my bed.

The treatment? You can Google --- it's pretty much to clean/vacuum every single square inch of your living space. I've been bagging things as I go, or bagging and marking "need to clean". The vacuum can get any eggs the adult beetles have laid anywhere hidden. I've had to hot wash/hot dry ALL my linens and clothes and sofa cover. Again - back into large Ziplocs so any stray larvae can't get cozy again. I've decluttered completely. I've followed a plan to vacuum each day until the PCO could come and spray. I actually was putting them (and their cast skins) into small baggies as I went. They LOVED the cat hair dust bunnies! Anyway --- I think I found maybe 20 or so live ones in the whole condo, then a bunch of cast skins, and a few actual beetles in storage boxes. They got in my dresser and closet In some papers, under my sofa cover. Meh.

The PCO sprayed bifenthrin this past Thu. It's killing all sorts of things, but this is the southwest and there are many bugs that find their way in under the doors. I had a light infestation, but nerve-racking nonetheless. My skin has felt "creepy crawly" which might have been the stress/anxiety or the allergy to the hairs that are flowing about my space.

Best thing I want to suggest to you is to (1) see your doctor, if it's an allergic reaction something like zyrtec or claritin or benadryl will help the bites (2) declutter and clean EVERYTHING (3) wash EVERYTHING in hot water/hot dry to kill any random eggs about to squash any infestation (4) vacuum like a madwoman each day and trash the bag right away (folks say eggs/larvae will come back out).

YOU WILL BE OK YOU WILL BE OK YOU WILL BE OK

Just an aside - I've been told by many (my PCO and the bug-guy at the Univ. that carpet beetles are extremely common and many people have them and don't know it. You don't have to have a carpet to have them...that's an old name from when they'd infest wool.) Just Google up carpet beetles...and I believe I saw a page or two on here under something like "what else is biting me".

AJ

24. kmart

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 16 2010 14:18:06
    #

Login to Send PM

THIS IS ME TOO! We've had the dog clear the house twice now. We had massive treatments from 2 different PCOs. But my husband and I are still seeing concerning red bites that appear to behave the same way our initial bites did 4 months ago. I'm at a complete, complete loss. Its a waiting game. No evidence, but bites = a ridiculous test of my patience and coping. So, you are not alone!

25. kmart

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 16 2010 14:19:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Just to clarify, we've got "bites" or what we think are "bites", but absolutely NO evidence and canine cleared x 2.

26. NewBlood

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 16 2010 16:25:17
    #

Login to Send PM

The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy begins with, in really nice calming large letters: "DON'T PANIC" and I really think that truer words can not be said in regards to bed bugs.

When my bed bug escapade started I awoke one morning with hordes of bites all over my feet and ankles. I assumed they were chiggers (as I had been walking barefoot a day or two earlier outside) and didn't think anything of it. Now - some friends from out of town (city dwellers, them stinkin bed bug hostin fiends) visited as well though and brought their luggage inside. To top it all off I got a few more bites over the next two - three weeks.

I looked up "bites, mystery" and discovered bed bugs - the most terrible and horrific insect to get rid of and thought "OMG I must have these damn bugs" and immediately flew into the mania that so many of us experience. Terror! Horror! Stay away from me! OMG my money, my time is all gone! I can't find them, but they must be here! See?! See the bites?!"

I got a dog in before that though - thinking 'it's chiggers, not bed bugs' but then the dog alerted. No evidence was found though, despite a good long search. Two weeks later another dog search revealed nothing but even more alerts. (I wasn't getting any new bites at this time, but I figured they weren't hungry). Again, another search turned over nothing.

I treated anyway. $1,000.

Months passed and I was given the all clear - but MORE bites continued to show up. Different bites, in different places that reacted differently on different days. They almost always appeared like clockwork though according to my log - showing up at 3:00 pm, 7:00-8:00pm, or 2:30 am. I went to bed wearing battle armor all duct taped together. I bagged everything and washed everything. I was treated for four months. I threw away hordes of furniture. I BOUGHT a HOUSE to escape my apartment where I believed I could not ever get rid of them. Monitors found nothing, and constant 'surprise inspections' I did in the middle of the night found nothing either. Waking up with the flash light in hand to scour the walls and carpet/bed for them.

Doctors didn't help - they couldn't tell me what it was other then 'well... it's an allergic reaction!' Thanks for that - a biopsy and 140.00 out the window - I KNOW it's an allergic reaction jerks! I cried in front of my parents not wishing them to be plagued with this nightmare of living - all of my little doodads were thrown out, or bagged. My clothes - destroyed through laundry. My shoes all tossed out save my giant black clunkers that could survive being oven'd for a few minutes.

All because of 'bites'. Not because of bed bugs - but 'bites', and you know what? I never had them. I found lots of carpet beetles - never seen them little guys before though. Guess what? I'm allergic to carpet beetles! They were in my car (hordes of them - easily 300+ of their larvae dead and releasing hairs into it) and my apartment. They are in my new house now - and I still get an occasional 'bite' like mark just as I always have now. I love my little cute (and by my calculations roughly $11,000 carpet beetles since I paid about that much for the house, new clothes, and treatments) carpet beetles now. Adorable, I tell myself as I KILL THEM ON SIGHT.

My 'bites' also had a 'hole' in the center sometimes too - or I get a weird hive like reaction which looks like a cluster of pin pricks. My original 'bed bug' bites were nothing more than chiggers - as I receive clusters of similar bites from being out in my very hungry and blood thirsty back yard. (Oh back yard... we will go to war next spring, oh yes we will - chemicals will be brought and you will suffer). I spent MONTHS in paranoia, THOUSANDS of dollars, and much of my remaining sanity fighting something I never had! All because of "bites".

So my advice is to not throw yourself over the side of the cliff until you find one of the "impossible to find" insects - because you could end up like me: with all new cool stuff, a new house, and completely FREAKING OUT that they wasted all that time and money fighting an invisible foe they never had. I can look back now and laugh at it all, and I've learned alot about these insects, how to find them and - most importantly - to not believe that 'bites' are in fact bites at all.

27. victimized

new username: help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Dec 17 2010 2:12:33
    #

Login to Send PM

OMG so many of these stories match mine.
    However, I have seen bed bugs. I saw a carpet beetle larvae in my kitchen cabinet a couple weeks before my firs tbed bug siting and saw one climbing up the doorway the other day. However, we only have carpeting in the one room and it is more a store-room.
    They have come out to threat twice so far, the second time just about a month after first discovering my first bed bug because they first guy they sent out did not know what he was doing. So far, knock wood, I have not seen anything other than a really tiny white bug upside on my bathroom sink that the exterminator said didn't look like one. To me it does.
    I was holding my breath this weekend as i had not noticed any new bites. However, the world came crashing down as they started to appear again. It correlates with the fact that I had work yesterday and today and the bites reappeared.
    I check myself int he morning and see nothing and by lunch time I start noticing new little ones, either like pimples or in pairs of various sizes. By evening I'll get a burning stinging itchy feeling and sure enough I'll see new bumps or marks appearing.
    Whenever I wake up in the night I get the flash light and thoroughly inspect and 24-7, if I feel a tinkle or pinch I immediately try to peek into my clothing to see is something is there. So far I find nothing on me but those damned bites. Some are so small they are barely visible and not always red but will have a tiny hole in the center. My cats have been scraching too.
    So far, the exterminator as of his last visit (after doing HIS first treatmeant) saw nothing. I see nothing, no staining, no poo, no shedding, not bugs! I don't want to but it is making me insane not knowing. It feels always like I have things crawling on me and in my hair, clothes, etc. It's so disgusting to check ur body and find a new pair of marks that match all others in that region in the area of your body you really don't want them around. This was first and I came home tonight to see this. IF it were carpet beetles, I'd see them no?
    The exterminator thinks I am exaggerating but I am the one with these things all over me.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,196 posts in 50,137 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69