Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Please help identify: is this a bed bug?

(1 post)
  1. jcv2018

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Aug 6 2018 5:47:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I have found 2 bugs on the floor of my parents' bedroom, and I am wondering whether these are bed bugs.

We recently went on vacation to somewhere with a tropical climate and got extensively bitten on our feet and legs in bed, but at first assumed they were mosquito bites (our destination had MANY mosquitoes). However, I thought the bites seemed too small, and that there were too many after only one night for them to be mosquito bites and have been wondering since whether they are bedbugs.

Since our return 5 days ago we have regularly been checking our beds for signs of bed bugs, including feces/skin sheds and haven't really found anything. It is also worth noting that we asked our host at our vacation spot to check our beds after we left, and she didn't find any bedbugs.

However this morning I found these bugs on the floor in my parents bedroom as I was checking for signs of bed bugs. It is worth noting that I found them upside down and dead.

Please see pictures attached. One of the pictures has my finger in it for size reference.

Any advice/identification of the bugs would be much appreciated! I really really hope we don't have bed bugs.

Thank you!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,542 posts in 47,008 topics over 143 months by 20,748 of 21,023 members. Latest: doljm4, lbhaarhus, bed DEbugging