(7 posts)
  1. Nohomom

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 10 2019 17:55:07
    #

Login to Send PM

[code]

Please help I just found this in the bathroom praying it’s a German roach but looks like a bedbug

2. Nohomom

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 10 2019 17:55:43
    #

Login to Send PM

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 10 2019 18:31:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No it’s not a roach.

A clearer image is needed to confirm this, it may be a closely related species or the bathroom could indicate an adjoining neighbour issue.

On the plus side it’s not recently fed so it may even be a lone introduction.

Time to read the FAQ and keep calm and focused while you work this out.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. Nohomom

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 10 2019 19:45:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your ID David.
    My son went to shower after kindergarten and took off clothes in the bathroom so maybe that?
    I sadly dealt with bedbugs 4 yrs ago so I’m dreading this! I have a passive monitor under my bed and will purchase for the bedroom and couch. I will read faq
    I am really hoping it was a lone one

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 10 2019 20:14:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It may be a lone one from kindergarten, check the transport back from there as well.

The not feeding recently is always a good sign with lone bedbugs but it can indicate a “local source” if you have not broken usual routine.

Clear communication with the kindergarten in the sam sway that live should be communicated will help more than I can stress and they should be prepared with procedures to communicate the facts onwards.

The other good news is that your unlikely to go through the same stress as you are better educated and prepared this time around. Keep that in mind and gain strength from the fact that you’ve beaten this before and will do again.

David

6. Nohomom

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 11 2019 16:15:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the encouragement!
    I have let the principle know as well at the school district health dept.
    I’ve vacuumed the car and car seats at home the couches and beds and steamed then applied cimexa dust to areas. How long do you think before you are in the clear ? A few weeks? The pack tite monitors are placed on my platform bed frames and I’ll check in a few days? Thanks you for your help I really appreciate it

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 12 2019 6:35:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sounds like you have most of the logic in place, I would not have dusted without further signs but I am a die hard tot he "safest way to use something is to not" (that would extent to monitors but the black and white colour scheme means they are not really a trip hazard).

Check in a few days, then check weekly for the next few weeks and by week two you can relax into a normal routine.

I would have a look at the "infestation dynamics" section of TbyPMR although its most likely to be helpful tot he school as they need to work out how its getting to school and stop that source.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82