Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Please help ID what I found on my dryer

(3 posts)
  1. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Aug 15 2018 14:49:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Found this on the metal part of the dryer (in between drum and outside door, so not in lint trap) after drying clothes today from a trip. It easily broke apart in to lots of very small pieces pieces, which I tried to capture to the best of my ability.

As I still don't really know what a dried bed bug that's gone through the dryer looks like, I'm trying to figure out if it is just schmutz from spending two weeks in the woods or something to be more concerned about. I can't make out any distinguishable bed bug parts/features (no horizontal lines on an abdomen from what I can see), but again, not sure what a bug looks like after it's spent over an hour in the dryer...

Many many many thanks (as always) for everyone's help!

Laundry finds 1 by Outoutdarnbugs, on Flickr

Laundry finds 2 by Outoutdarnbugs, on Flickr

Laundry finds 3 by Outoutdarnbugs, on Flickr

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Aug 15 2018 14:54:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing bed bug related.

3. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Aug 15 2018 15:03:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, BigDummy! This just looks like normal (ha!) crud that is shaken out of clothes?

Just didn't know how mangled bugs could get when they go through the dryer and if they can become this... decimated, for lack of better word. Would they just mostly look like live bugs but dried out? Do they normally break apart into smaller pieces?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982