Please help ID photo!! [a: carpet beetle larvae]

(7 posts)
  1. fearaug31

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 31 2012 19:09:24
    #

Login to Send PM

please help - i'm hyperventilating here!

can't tell by comparing the photos i've seen on here whether these are bedbugs or not. they don't have the legs/antennae like in the pics but they do have the stripes and the color and size seems right. ack!!!! please help! (sorry the picture isn't better. tried many times, will keep trying and repost a better one if i manage it)

IMG_3416-b by fearaug31, on Flickr

2. fearaug31

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 31 2012 19:46:27
    #

Login to Send PM

here's another, marginally better pic. sorry i can't manage to get a clearer shot.

IMG_3431-c by fearaug31, on Flickr

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 31 2012 20:30:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Not bedbugs but not clear to say what they are.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. fearaug31

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 31 2012 20:34:16
    #

Login to Send PM

thank you so much david! after looking around at other people's clearer photos and subsequent IDs, they are probably cockroach nymphs. gross, but something i can deal with.

need to get a better camera!

5. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 31 2012 21:03:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Carpet beetle larvae.... maybe Trogoderma sp.

6. fearaug31

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 31 2012 21:13:53
    #

Login to Send PM

wow, yes, i think you're right. after looking up pics of those online. i've been scouring the place with a magnifying glass after a couple days of mystery bites, and this was the first thing i found. and sounds like carpet beetles give you a very similar rash as bedbug bites. here's hoping. taking all precautions in the meantime! thanks!

7. yoyodress

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 1 2012 9:39:07
    #

Login to Send PM

i've been scouring the place with a magnifying glass after a couple days of mystery bites, and this was the first thing i found. and sounds like carpet beetles give you a very similar rash as bedbug bites.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,263 posts in 50,153 topics over 155 months by 21,923 of 22,419 members. Latest: frustrated1970, duracell, Parawail