Please help ID hotel bug

(3 posts)
  1. WindowsBugs

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue May 8 2018 18:25:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I am staying in a hotel in Spain and saw a small bug (a few millimetres) crawling on the bathroom sink. Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/154475422@N04/albums/72157696603051175
    It looks a little like a bedbug from one side but appears more golden/unicoloured from the other. And it seems to have wings. On the other hand it doesnt look the way I thought cockroaches look. (I have not seen any bites or blood on sheets.) What is it?
    What kinds of precaution should I take in order not to bring it home?

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue May 8 2018 18:28:33
    #

Login to Send PM

WindowsBugs - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I am staying in a hotel in Spain and saw a small bug (a few millimetres) crawling on the bathroom sink.
    It looks a little like a bedbug from one side but appears more golden/unicoloured from the other. And it seems to have wings. On the other hand it doesnt look the way I thought cockroaches look. (I have not seen any bites or blood on sheets.) What is it?
    What kinds of precaution should I take in order not to bring it home?

No. It's a beetle.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. WindowsBugs

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue May 8 2018 18:34:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the extremely quick reply!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,459 posts in 46,587 topics over 142 months by 20,548 of 21,414 members. Latest: Lubbocklady, Losingit1011, srbutler