(5 posts)
  1. rowsary

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 18 2016 19:58:22
    #

Login to Send PM

https://postimg.org/image/dlp09bem1/

I woke up with what I assumed were mosquito bites, but they were semi-clustered so I got nervous. I tore my room apart looking for casings, fecal stuff, yada yada, and didn't find anything. Then I saw this little big. Eeeeek? I'm sorry about the image quality; it's the best I could do. Please let me know what you think. Thank you!

2. Meowgoesthecat

Account suspended

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Aug 19 2016 1:51:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Purdy sure that ain't a bb.

Deathwatch beetle, biscuit beetle... Honestly not sure. Might need a decent id

3. Meowgoesthecat

Account suspended

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Aug 19 2016 1:55:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, also. Simply searching the room is unreliable. The best thing you can do it you are worried is set up some traps and do occasional searches.

Remember, it's not likely you'll get any actual harm from bb's and allergic reactions are rare.

So don't get all finicky and scared xP

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Aug 19 2016 4:14:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Meowgoesthecat - 2 hours ago  » 
    Purdy sure that ain't a bb.
    Deathwatch beetle, biscuit beetle... Honestly not sure. Might need a decent id

If you're not sure, maybe you should stop posting IDs?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Aug 19 2016 4:16:28
    #

Login to Send PM

rowsary - 8 hours ago  » 
    https://postimg.org/image/dlp09bem1/
    I woke up with what I assumed were mosquito bites, but they were semi-clustered so I got nervous. I tore my room apart looking for casings, fecal stuff, yada yada, and didn't find anything. Then I saw this little big. Eeeeek? I'm sorry about the image quality; it's the best I could do. Please let me know what you think. Thank you!

Did you collect the insect? You stayed too far away to get a good picture of it. It would be best to get much closer and make sure the setting is for highest resolution and largest picture size.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,432 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams