Please help ID [a: not bed bugs]

(9 posts)
  1. ExtremelyScared

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Jul 15 2014 20:59:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a horrible fear of bedbugs. It is controlling my life. Literally. Even started meds a few months ago for the anxiety but they aren't helping. Have severe panic attacks. I have never seen one that I know of but I am constantly thinking we either have them or are going to get them (after doing research online). Want to live in a bubble. Anyway I bought brand new mattresses last week. Had them delivered. They brought them into my living room in plastic bags but I refused because the bags were torn so they removed them. I was scared of any contamination on delivery truck from old furniture they pick up. We picked up new set directly from manufactured warehouse. Last night I was on living room floor and felt a bug crawl on my leg but when I slapped it and turned on light I could never find it. So today I checked couches and chair. Didn't do thorough inspect but what I did inspect I found no evidence except this one dead bug right under chair cushion. Because it is the size of what I think a bedbug would be I am convinced that's what it is. I went into severe panic attack. Everyone thinks I am crazy. Please please help me. Because it was already dead it is slightly messed up. Tried to take multiple pics so maybe you can help ease me fear. This anxiety is beyond control. No fecal matter or blood anywhere in sight. That I could see anyway. Help please!!!! Thank you in advance. I am shaking and heart racing....

2. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2014 1:47:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

It's understandable that bed bugs may create fears in some of us. Take some deep breaths. Drink something warm for comfort.

Have you read these photo-posting instructions yet?

Post the pictures first. Not everyone who posted here has a bed bug. Then, try to do something relaxing.

If you can't find any activities while waiting for ID, consider these threads:

-Stress Busters
    -Help U Sleep Tonight
    -Songs of Hope and Faith
    -(Check out these flowers)

You can do it.

JustChecking, not a therapist / bug pro
    Please click my user name on the left for these threads:
    (OR go through my thread starter list OR use the search engine)
    --->stress busters --->energy boosters
    --->songs of hope and faith --->help U sleep tonight
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2014 7:21:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry no pictures.

Have you made sure they are set to public viewing on the image hosting site?

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. ExtremelyScared

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2014 8:34:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes they are set to public. I don't know what to do. I am so very scared. It's so bad I may need to go to the hospital for meds to calm down. All I can do is copy the URL code on flicker. It won't give me an option for any other choice.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2014 8:46:58
    #

Login to Send PM

On FlickR it can come under sharing options. You only unlock the ability to share by saying its OK to do that.

Check your PM.

David

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2014 11:54:08
    #

Login to Send PM

OK Images posted on OPs behalf:

photo 5 by bedbugscouk, on Flickr

photo 4 by bedbugscouk, on Flickr

photo 3 by bedbugscouk, on Flickr

photo 2 by bedbugscouk, on Flickr

photo 1 by bedbugscouk, on Flickr

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2014 11:54:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its 100% not bedbugs.

David

8. ExtremelyScared

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2014 12:27:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!! And I know my family thanks you too. I'm driving them all crazy!!!!

9. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2014 13:44:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Too bad the images weren't larger and of higher resolution (only 72dpi) to allow a more specific ID, but not a bed bug anyway.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19