Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

PLEASE HELP I have no idea whats biting me!

(2 posts)
  1. ihatebugs96

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 9 2019 18:51:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Please help me figure out whats going on! I'm going to list what im experiencing, please give any advice or input.

Here are some reasons why I think I may have bed bugs again

-Woke up with a dozen itchy red bites, some in lines of 3

- I keep getting new bites, but not nearly as much as what i woke up with maybe 1 every other day.

-I spend a lot of time on my bed, its my fortress.

Here are some reason that make me think its not

-I have had bed bugs before and my bite reaction is a whole lot milder than the last. The first time I had these i was allergic and my bites were extremely swollen, hot to the touch, sore, and always itching. This time my bites are normal size, no swelling. no pain just mild itching.

-A day before i woke up with bites, I was in my backyard going through some bags of spare clothes that had been sitting for a couple months. There are a lot of stray cats in my neighbor hood and they are always back there laying on the furnitre that my bags were on. The day i woke up with bites, there was a flea on my baby's head. One single flea though.

-I dont travel or go to anyones house. I havent slept over anyones house and no one has slept over here. In order to catch a bed bug you need some sort of contact right? My mother in law has recently traveled and is always with friends, not really home that much but she has a bed bug cover on her bed and there are no signs in her room and she isnt being bitten.

-Only me and my oldest daughter are getting bit and she sleeps in her own room. My husband has no bites and neither does my co sleeping baby.

-I checked my entire mattress, its spotless. I checked my box frame in and out, spotless. No poop, no skins, no bugs. I lifted my mattress and box spring and checked the carpet under my bed, checked my metal frame and theres nothing.

This is driving me crazy because i dont know whats biting me. I am not really able to sleep from being paranoid of getting bit or crawled on in my sleep. Please any input or advice helps. Thank you

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 10 2019 4:11:07
    #

Login to Send PM

You need to use various types of monitors to see if you can capture anything that could be in your home.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82