Please help! Expert ID Needed

(5 posts)
  1. begbudslayer

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Aug 13 2018 22:00:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I found this ugly little guy in between my box spring and mattress, with a few black dots(possibly fecal matter?) by him. Unfortunately, he was squished when I tried to catch him so this is as clear of a picture as I could get.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/166279223@N02/shares/TmE34F
    I have a mattress encasement on both my box spring and mattress, and, because I was suspicious of bed bugs, I've been using ClimbUp interceptors as well. I've occasionally been catching bugs in the interceptors, but they don't look the same as the one I found while lifting my mattress(picture of bug from interceptors: https://www.flickr.com/photos/166279223@N02/shares/5i4Gg1 ). Also I've seen the interceptor bugs in plain sight during the day, which seems unusual if they are bed bugs. I should also mention that my room is the only one in the house where bugs have been found. I'm wondering if both of these are bed bugs, or if just one is, or (hopefully!) neither are. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. HifromChi

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 14 2018 9:24:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm replying to help bump your ID request so Lou (an expert) can see it.

I'm not an expert, but the first pic looks suspect, it looks like a bed bug nymph to me. The 2nd pic from the interceptor looks like some kind of beetle.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 14 2018 20:10:32
    #

Login to Send PM

The first looks like a bed bug, the second a silvanid or cucujid beetle.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. begbudslayer

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 14 2018 21:23:06
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 14 minutes ago  » 
    The first looks like a bed bug, the second a silvanid or cucujid beetle.

Thank you for your help.

5. begbudslayer

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 14 2018 21:23:57
    #

Login to Send PM

HifromChi - 11 hours ago  » 
    I'm replying to help bump your ID request so Lou (an expert) can see it.
    I'm not an expert, but the first pic looks suspect, it looks like a bed bug nymph to me. The 2nd pic from the interceptor looks like some kind of beetle.

Thanks I appreciate the help.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs