Please Help determine if I could have bb

(29 posts)
  1. goinginsaneoverbites

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 27 2011 13:30:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel like I'm going insane. Last week I was sitting at the computer in our screened in porch area, and I started to get itchy. I found 6 little bites in my groin area and a little cluster of bites up where the shelf bra in my nursing tank was. My first thought was fleas, even though we don't have animals. My son loves to play in the sand/dirt and could have brought some in the house. My daughter told me she had some old bites by her ankle and a few in the groin area as well. Other than those old ones, nobody has been bitten but me. The idea of bed bugs popped into my head and I've been going insane since. When I was bit last week, I tore apart my bed, lifted it off the frame, opened up the allergy cover and found nothing. No feces, no shells, no bugs, no blood stains. I tore apart my couch as well and found nothing but a little sand. My husband says if I have to look this hard for something, it's not there. I started to calm down but was bit up again until yesterday, about a week after the first set. I was sitting on my couch when I started to itch and then it seemed like all of a sudden they were popping up everywhere. I have about 16 on my left leg between what I spotted yesterday evening and what I woke up to after sleeping 1 hour in my bed last night around 4AM. The rest of my time last night was spent in the same screened in porch area on the computer, while I was going insane trying to figure it all out. Some bites are single spots, one section has 3 in a row(has me the most worried) and others come in pairs, about 1-2 " apart. Other than the small cluster last week on my back where the bra was, the bites have been on the waist down. Some behind the knee, a few on my thigh, some by the ankle, and a few near my waist band. I sleep in tank tops most nights but do not have any bites on my arms, neck, shoulder, etc. With so many bites, would I see evidence in the bed if it were bed bugs? I checked the little bit of furniture on our porch and found nothing as well. I am the the one who sleeps in the bed most often. My baby will be in there for part of the night with me while I nurse her. My son also comes in occasionally to sleep. They do not have any bites My husband sleeps with my son in his room but is going to sleep in our bed tonight to see if he gets bitten. Lastly, while doing my crazy searches, I have found some carpet beetle larva. One was actually on my bed. I looked at the photo(I think from this site) of a carpet beetle reaction but I don't have the clear/yellow spot pictured. They look more like a raised mosquito bite that has alight red area surrounding each bump. So, in your experiences, could it be bb, or fleas, or carpet beetles. Please help!

2. goinginsaneoverbites

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 27 2011 17:53:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone? Please? I can't eat or sleep or think. Does what I have described sound like bed bugs?

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 27 2011 18:03:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Peoples reactions are very variable.

If you have found carpet beetles and nothing else take steps to rule them out and if things continue start looking again.

In this kind of situation you need deal with potential issues one at a time.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. goinginsaneoverbites

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 29 2011 19:15:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you David. I'm trying to do as you say but it's hard. I'll convince myself it must be the carpet beetles but then I look at all my bites and I think how can it NOT be bb related. I counted, and between the ones from last week and the ones from this week, I have 30 bites/welts. Yesterday, while searching my mattress, I found a very tiny bug crawling. I taped it and called and exterminator to come inspect my house. The company is well known in my area and claims to be bed bug experts. The inspector came in, looked at my specimen and said he's 100% sure it's not a bed bug baby. he then only looked at my bed and frame and box spring quickly, using a flashlight and said I didn't have any signs of bugs but couldn't claim I didn't have bed bugs. I was extremely disappointed he wasn't more thorough. I suppose I got what I paid for since it was a free inspection. He suggested that if i continue to get bit i should hire a k9 company. Would you recommend that as well? Since I did a thorough cleaning 2 days ago, I haven't gotten bit. But, I'm afraid maybe the bugs are full and will bite again once it's been closer to a week. Is it possible to have 30 bites and no signs of bugs/fecal matter? I fear they could be hiding in our old wood floors and really want to rip up the boards but my husband will not allow that. If they were hiding in the floors, could that be where all the signs(casting, eggs, feces) would be hidden as well? I'm driving my family crazy with my paranoia. I really want to believe that carpet beetles could cause this but the fact that it seems to be a rare occurrence has me unconvinced. I also wonder why I've never reacted to them before. I know I've seen them around occasionally.

5. Gonna_beat_um

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 29 2011 19:50:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi
    If you are going to hire a K9 team, please get one that does a visual confirmation. It is mentioned over and over on this forum. The team I hired did not ,but the dog hit in two places in my home. We had only ever seen two bugs( which have since been id"d as 100% NOT bedbug by the great people on this site ).. We went ahead and had thermal treatment done and spent the last 2 months worrying if we still had them. I realised over the last two days that we never had bed bugs to begin with. Visual inspection is so so important. Good luck!!

6. goinginsaneoverbites

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 7:37:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Gonna_beat_um. That is great advice. Did the team attempt to find visual evidence? My fear is that a dog will hit, they will be unable to locate evidence, and I will still be going crazy. I swear my husband is ready to have me committed! Did you have the thermal treatment done on the whole house? If we get confirmed for bugs, I want to do the thermal or freeze(I haven't read much info about them yet) but no chemicals because we have 3 young children.

7. Gonna_beat_um

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 10:44:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi
    The k9 we hired did not offer any visual inspection. They were here a total of 20 mins. I showed the handler the two dead bugs I had and she said "yeah one looks like a bed bug". She really did not seem all that knowledgable about bed bugs. They did not let me walk through the house with them as she said I would distract the dog. We had no other evidence, no fecal, no cast skins ,no eggs. Around the same time, I overheard two people at work talking about their bed bug infestations(we live in a city with a bad bed bug problem) . I was convinced I brought them from there.
    We too have three small children so I did not want to do chemical treatments. I wanted it over with as soon as possible, so thermal was the way to go.
    We had to borrow money from friends to pay for it and as we didnt have $2k in reserves for fighting damn bed bugs.
    The thermal company we hired, did not perform a visual inspection either, they just come to treat and they told me this ahead of time. So now I have these bugs , positive alert , coworkers with bed bugs so we went ahead and treated our home . They were here for 14 +hrs. During the treatment they said they never even saw one bed bug . I found that kinda strange but thought maybe the bugs are dying in their hiding places. They also spread DE around all our baseboards and between our mattresses and boxsprings.
    So all in all we missed the most vital step ...confirmation of a live sample , fecal or cast skins.
    Did we have bed bugs ? Now I'm convinced we did not . However I have passive monitor on my bed and will continue to monitor.
    I truly understand how you are feeling , the thoughts of something biting your babies while they sleep is utterly excruciating. The thoughts of spreading these disgusting parasites to your family and friends is almost too much to bear, it has turned my world upside down.
    As you know bites are not conclusive of bed bugs ,so please try and relax unless you have evidence. Easier said than done I know.
    I wish you all the best and keep us posted on your situation. This forum has been a life saver , it has made me laugh , cry , freak out ,but most of all it let me know I wasn'nt alone.

8. scaredpea

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 12:32:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Gonna_beat_um - 16 hours ago  » 
    Hi
    If you are going to hire a K9 team, please get one that does a visual confirmation. It is mentioned over and over on this forum. The team I hired did not ,but the dog hit in two places in my home. We had only ever seen two bugs( which have since been id"d as 100% NOT bedbug by the great people on this site ).. We went ahead and had thermal treatment done and spent the last 2 months worrying if we still had them. I realised over the last two days that we never had bed bugs to begin with. Visual inspection is so so important. Good luck!!

just curious, and sorry to do a tangent here, but did you have bites before the thermal that lead you to believe you had bedbugs. and did the bite stop at all after or continue business as usual? also, do you live in a single home or a multi unit dwelling?

9. Gonna_beat_um

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 13:24:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Scaredpea,
    We live in a single family home.
    The whole bite scenario is still confusing to me. We were bitten throughout the summer but most of the time we were outside beforehand. I have a pretty strong reaction from mosquitoes and they seem to like me alot . I know that depending where they bite me ,I can react differently sometimes huge swelling other times not so much. So I pretty much attributed any bites to that or biting flies , which I felt and saw when it happened. My kids have sensitive skin also and have always had those pin prick dots. They do not itch . My toddler broke out a number of times earlier in the year and his doctor said they were allergic reactions ( he never mentioned bug bites). We had him allergy tested and he is allergic to a wide range of foods, animal dander , dust and mold.
    There are five people in this household and I just assumed we were non reactors.
    After our thermal treatment I did notice our skin being more sensitive but from reading on here I heard that DE can cause minor irritation( the thermal guys put a ton of it around). I have also found carpet beetle larvae in some rooms aswell. I didnt know if I was in denial or overeacting.
    At the same time I was trying really hard to believe the bed bugs were gone but every few days I would feel itchy or notice a bump on one of the kids and freak out all over again.
    I still believed we had them until a few days ago when I posted a pic of what I believed was the remnants of a nymph, along with the bugs I found before our thermal treatment. They were id'd as not bed bugs but lady bird remnants.
    I hope and pray that the k9 was wrong and we never had bed bugs in the first place.

Sorry for the really long answer to your question , I'm still trying to figure it all out.
    I hope you resolve your issue soon , I read in your post that your kids still have the pinprick dots.
    Who ever knew that even the prospect of these horrible bugs could mess with ones mind so much.

10. scaredpea

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 19:50:09
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks for your reply. I can so relate to your agony and the way the 'symptoms' and bite type things have shown up on your family.

I've seen a lot of people write here about pin prick dots and I have yet to find a clear answer as to what could be causing them. I often wonder if there is something new out there that leave them that has yet to be identified. because I've exhausted every option trying to figure out the cause.

PS- if you ever ever find an answer please let me know... via PM or post it here

11. nervousness

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 22:53:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you let me know as well, seeing as we are I'm the same boat? I'll let you know if I have any new findings.

12. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 23:28:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm interested in the pin prick issue, too. I get it here and there. I was worried about BBs...10-12 months ago due to some welts on my arm that could be bites. Left arm (one I sleep on) not right. Still don't know what it was, and I got pinpricks on the left leg at the same time. Dr said it looked like allergies, but inconclusive. To me, the scars on the arm are pretty big and noticeable but I said something to a friend and she was like...really? seriously? So...

the pinprick sensation and skin issue comes and goes. It would be hard to have it ALL the time...

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  13. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 1:10:23
    #

Login to Send PM

theyareoutthere - 57 minutes ago  » 
    I'm interested in the pin prick issue, too. I get it here and there. I was worried about BBs...10-12 months ago due to some welts on my arm that could be bites. Left arm (one I sleep on) not right. Still don't know what it was, and I got pinpricks on the left leg at the same time. Dr said it looked like allergies, but inconclusive. To me, the scars on the arm are pretty big and noticeable but I said something to a friend and she was like...really? seriously? So...
    the pinprick sensation and skin issue comes and goes. It would be hard to have it ALL the time...

There are a lot of guesses and speculation about the pin-prick marks on the forum. I wonder if any of the board ENTOS who feed colonies have ever seen these kinds of marks as a result of having fed a bed bug? I have a feeling that the answer will be 'no.' I would be interested to hear their input in any case.

I know that during the window when I thought that I might have had bed bugs and was inspecting myself three times a day, I was always finding those things. However, once I passed my bed bug scare and stopped with all of the inspections I just sort of forgot about them. Though presumably they are still popping up.

My working hypothesis is that they never have anything to do with bed bugs and probably don't have anything to do with insects at all and that everybody has them and except when they have some cause to be inspecting themselves closely aren't even aware of them.

-rs1971

14. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 1:30:31
    #

Login to Send PM

RS1971:

I agree about the pinpricks. I worried and worried since, after I thought about it, there was some exposure risk. But, after 6 months..I realized it was unlikely. I began some of the protocols (packtite mainly and doing inspections) due to upcoming travel in the next couple of months.

There was also a whole post on those cherry ?... I can't remember the name but the little red marks...I never even thought about that being related. My whole family has tons of them...

15. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 2:19:56
    #

Login to Send PM

theyareoutthere - 43 minutes ago  » 
    There was also a whole post on those cherry ?... I can't remember the name but the little red marks...I never even thought about that being related. My whole family has tons of them...

Cherry Angiomas. I almost mentioned those as well in my post. I also get those and noticed a bunch of them when I was in my brief hyper vigilant mode. As you point out there have been posts on the board speculating that they are related to bed bug bites but that seems really, really unlikely. I do recall thinking though that the pin prick marks / bites might actually be the smallest versions of the Angiomas.

-rs1971

16. helpme216

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 2:33:22
    #

Login to Send PM

sounds like bed bugs to me....your life is about to change, furniture to

17. goinginsaneoverbites

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 7:31:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Helpme216, are you responding to my post? Is there something in particular that jumps out and yells "bed bugs?" This is all new to me and I want to learn everything possible. I think my only sign right now is the bites, but I may be missing something.

18. goinginsaneoverbites

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 8:07:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your kind words, Gonna_beat_um. It does help knowing that I am not alone in this. Hearing cases where the bites ended up not being bb, like in your case, gives me hope. I have lost 6 lbs in 11 days and have slept very little. With each day that goes on, I get more and more obsessed and it's making my husband very angry. In his mind, we don't have bed bugs until there's actual proof. In my mind, we do have bed bugs until someone can tell me otherwise. He wants to continue to monitor things and I want to know now what is going on in my home. It no longer is a place I enjoy being or feel comfortable. I feel so violated by these creatures, even just the thought of them. It's my baby's first Halloween today and instead of being excited, I can think of nothing but bugs. I was thinking about getting a passive monitor that I can put in between my mattress and box spring, but then I start getting paranoid and worry that someone with bedbugs may have purchased it previously and returned it, infecting my house, if it wasn't already infected. Is this irrational? Right now we have sticky traps placed on the floor under my bed, because that is what the exterminator suggested. I also had my husband put some out in our sun room, by the computer, where I first noticed the itching/bites. My new theory is that they are out there and bite me because I'll be out on the computer around 10/11PM alone. It's attached to my son's room, just a few steps separating them. My son and husband both sleep in there. My husband says if they were in our sun room, they would also be biting him and my son. Does that make sense or could they just be happy biting me and stay resting there, instead of entering the bedrooms and bothering anyone else.

19. laststrawsue

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 8:15:39
    #

Login to Send PM

The whole groin area bite thing sounds peculiar to me, simply because all the bites I'm fairly sure are bed bug bites (I've seen the bugs) have been in places that are definitely not covered with clothing or blankets when I sleep... and that seems to be pretty typical of bed bugs, from what I've read here & elsewhere.
    My SO got some welts on his butt cheek once... But he sleeps nude, and sometimes his butt hangs out of the blanket, while he has his head covered with the sheet & wrapped into a pillow, with just his nose sticking out. So it didn't seem that odd.

The idea that bed bugs are bypassing easy to access open areas of skin to go straight to creases in your body near your bra or groin areas, waist bands and ankles, seems a bit counter to logic.

It occurred to me that the positions of all your bite symptoms seem to be where clothing tends to rub close & snug to your skin.

A new brand of laundry detergent, fabric softener, or dryer sheet, could certainly explain why several members of the same family would suddenly get skin irritations where underwear and socks rub close to the skin. Waist bands, bra straps, areas where the elastic of socks & underwear rub... It just makes sense to suspect your clothing or something on your clothing.
    Even if you haven't started using a new laundry product recently... The manufacturer could've recently changed the formula in the brand you've been using for awhile.

I don't know, maybe I'm way off here, but when I read the OP, that's the first thing I thought about.

So it might be worth it to try switching all your laundry products to something that's labeled for people with sensitive skin, and see if things clear up.

Just a suggestion...

20. laststrawsue

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 8:38:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, and as far as irrational fear & anxiety goes... I think it's completely normal for someone to become very uneasy & upset by even the mere suspicion that there may be bugs biting you in your bed.
    I actually FOUND 2 bugs in our apt. And now... my mother, who I haven't seen in 3 years as she lives in a different part of the country (so there's no chance I spread them to her) - in an area not known to have a big bed bug problem... And she hasn't stayed in a hotel or anywhere else, any time recently, and has not had any overnight guests in months...
    But because of my experience... She says that she now checks her bed every night before she gets into it, the sheets, the mattress cover, the mattress.
    It's just a natural reaction I think.

Apparently there have been studies that suggest that fear of snakes & spiders is actually instinctual in humans:
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/10/1004_snakefears.html

I would be surprised if the fear of blood sucking insects was actually similarly instinctual.

I would be more worried about the mental state of someone who didn't care if bugs came & bit them in their sleep!
    I mean what kind of lunatic would you have to be to actually like the idea of bed bugs crawling on you & sucking your blood in your sleep?

21. scaredpea

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 9:11:59
    #

Login to Send PM

yah, the groin and bra area bites don't sound like bedbugs to me either, and take comfort in that mama-bear.

hang tight. I found my skin was very sensitive, especially after my second pregnancy. It was far more likely to get zit type things and rashes when I was pregnant and nursing than ever before. so there's a decent chance that's what you're dealing with. Also, if you're perhaps wearing new bras i.e. nursing bras they may be irritating your skin. or your legs may be reacting due to skin changes... or heck, perhaps you're shaving less frequently because you're dealing with having your two kids so that could be causing a reaction. Do you ever see the bites with a hair in the middle? I read that bedbugs don't bite hair follicles so if you see a "bite" like that you're safe.

take comfort if you're not seeing bites on other people or other evidence. enjoy halloween with your munchkins and try and put this out of your mind for a few weeks. If the bites still continue then I'd personally avoid all the work and stress of major daily checking and splurge on a reputable K9 check. it can bring you the peace of mind or the proof that you need.

22. goinginsaneoverbites

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 9:16:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Laststrawsue. Your suggestions/thoughts give me hope! Unfortunately, I already use a pure and gentle detergent. I had the same questions regarding where I was bitten too. I was keeping my undergarments and pajama pants in under bed storage boxes(without covers because they couldn't fit) I checked for evidence of bed bugs in them and found nothing. I did find several carpet beetle larva/shells so I'm hoping with all hope, it was that. It would make sense seeing as those were the places I reacted. I now have everything in labeled giant zip lock bags, bags for dirty clothes(found carpet beetle larva in my hamper) and bags for clean. So far, there have been no new bites but the dreaded week is coming up soon.(Wed) When I think of how my reactions came out about a week apart, I go back to thinking it MUST be bed bugs. Ugh. How is the situation going with you? I keep trying to tell myself that in the worst case scenario, if we have them, we will get through it and they will go away.

23. goinginsaneoverbites

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 10:09:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Your kind and supportive reply brought tears to me eyes, scaredpea. Thank you. You may be on to something with my skin being more sensitive now while nursing. I'm also a lot more run down because of waking every 2-3 hrs at night, to feed her, and now with this bug fear, I'm lucky to be sleeping 2-3 hrs total a night. My husband has been telling me the same things, but not in a very supportive way. He's getting very frustrated with me. I'm going to do as you say and try to put the bugs out of my thoughts for now. My bites are starting to fade now, so it's hard to tell, but I think some of them do have hair follicles near them. More hope for me! I also had shaved my legs a few days before the bites there started to pop up. I'm always sensitive when I do that and maybe because I had the bug fear in me from the groin/back bites, I made the issue worse with scratching/causing welts. Thank you again to everyone for your replies. This board has and will continue to be of great support/comfort/ and information for me.

24. Gonna_beat_um

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 10:27:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Great points laststraw and scaredpea. Especially the pregnancy observations. Keep in mind pregnancy can change your body and its workings alot. In my doctors words "pregnancy destroys your body". Jeez thanks Doc...lol... Remember your body can develope an allergic reaction at any time. Just the other day a friend had an allergic reaction to something she has eaten all her life. As for Halloween enjoy the day with your kids, put the bites and possibility of bed bugs out of your mind for today. So so hard I know but u will have yourself an emotional break and you will be happy you gave your kids a great day. We never celebrated our babys 1yr birthday with anyone except our own little family. I was too terrified to expose any of our family or friends. I have horrible guilt about that and every other thing I did not allow over bed bugs. I am glad you are of the mindset that if u do have them that you will get rid of them and life will return to normal .Stay strong and Happy Halloween!!!!!!!

25. laststrawsue

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 10:57:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh yeah, I've never been pregnant, so it hadn't occurred to me. But I had a friend with various allergies & eczema... And during her pregnancy, she got such rashes on her legs, and her doctor said it was a common pregnancy thing.

AND, so maybe it's not your laundry products... But if you DO have a carpet beetle issue... and your garments like underwear & socks MAY have been exposed... I have read that carpet beetle exposure can produce "bite-like" rashes...

And you can always develop an allergy at any time. And apparently particularly when you're pregnant.

Throughout my childhood I ate loads of peanut butter & jam sandwiches, with no problems at all. I ate honey roasted peanuts. Peanut butter candy. Peanut brittle.
    Now I'm allergic to peanuts. I get itchy, my face can swell up... etc.

Years ago, I took the antibiotic called Bactrim a few times, with no problems. 2 years ago I took Bactrim, & wound up in the hospital with Stevens-Johnson syndrome - a very serious reaction.

I think, as is the case whether it's bed bugs or not, you just need to take precautions and rule things out one by one.

26. goinginsaneoverbites

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2011 15:49:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, I was able to enjoy Halloween but I'm back to obsessing today. Is there a time frame where one would expect to see evidence of bed bugs if bites were occurring? Could I have a total of about 30 "bites" occurring in two days, that were a week apart, and have such a mild infestation, that the typical places where bed bugs hide out are not showing signs? Is it unreasonable to ask my husband to rip off the baseboards and floorboards near my bed? I start to feel better, that maybe it is carpet beetle larva, but then I read stories on here how it took months of bites, with no signs of bb the whole time, before a bed bug was found. Is this typical?

27. scaredpea

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2011 18:16:16
    #

Login to Send PM

personally if you can get one locally I think you should splurge on a reputable dog. you need peace of mind, and for the price of encasements you can get a dog in and give you a fairly reliable all-clear or help you find the evidence you need to know what's going on.

Again, as a mom and someone who's gone through hell trying to ID mystery bites I'd go for the most effective method to find peace of mind fast, and I think that a k9 is your best bet. you need to either know what you're dealing with and move forward or know that it's not bedbugs and move on emotionally. hang in there, I know you want to protect your family but you also don't want to lose your mind over it. hugs

28. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2011 18:23:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree about the dog, but read the FAQs. You might not get peace of mind if it's inconclusive. Gonna beat em and others have had dogs alert and then the issue still isn't solved.

The bites sound like they are in areas that are more prone to allergies. One of my friends just showed me these welts all over her body (I saw only part) because we were teasing her about always wearing turtlenecks (like Diane Keaton). She's had it for years. It looks like pictures of bedbug bites. Some in threes...some random...all red and itchy. She's been to an allergist and dermotologist. So, it may not be BBs. I get those kinds of welts, but it comes and goes....thank goodness.

Good luck!

29. Brittnicole488

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 28 2012 23:31:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I am going through this and I am miserable!! Please tell me what you found out and if it is better

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,194 posts in 50,136 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69