Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Please help! Can't be sure I have them again!

(4 posts)
  1. Fedupofbugs

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 8:37:23
    #

Login to Send PM

So, found some bedbugs on secondhand chairs that were in living area with no humans going into at all as we have just moved here. The chairs have been removed and destroyed. We found one dead instar and no other signs around the house. Checked thoroughly. Is it possible we have escaped them? Would they have stayed on the chairs? It has been about a month since the chairs were introduced and have seen no signs. Checking regularly with monitors and climb ups etc.

I had bedbugs before in another place and react dramatically and have had no reactions like they were. But I am quite hivey, I react after exercise etc but these fade after a few minutes.

Please help, I'm feeling really anxious and paranoid!

2. SalsaVince

Posted 4 days ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 9:22:53
    #

Login to Send PM

All you can do is continue to monitor. After about 8 weeks without any signs, you can relax. Hopefully you avoided them. How long were the chairs in your home? Did you find more bugs than just the dead nymph?

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  3. Fedupofbugs

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 10:23:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Found one other dead adult in living room as well. Literally as I found it my hand developed a hive on it...is that coincidence? Stress? Or badly timed reaction to bite at night? Doesn't itch or resemble previous bites.

Thanks again.

4. Fedupofbugs

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 10:23:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Chairs in home about a month.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,253 posts in 47,652 topics over 147 months by 21,005 of 21,326 members. Latest: scaredincanada, BleuRoses, mab1017