Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Please help- bedbug confirmed

(1 post)
  1. moenine9

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jul 3 2019 17:09:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello- my worst fear is coming true. I recently moved into a new place. The first night my son and I slept on a mattress on the floor. When we woke up his abdomen was covered in bites. I am not sure if they were in the house already or from the moving trailer we rented. Either way I found two bugs (baby) that I have confirmed by two different exterminators. One exterminator recommend heat treatment. Another recommended using chemical treatment. The second exterminator said that heat treatment isn’t always effective and that chemical treatment is the better route. It’s an old home- all hard wood floors and plaster walls. I do have a joining neighbor (it’s a duplex). The landlord who has been helpful throughout this is going with the chemical route. When talking to the exterminator he said that after the treatment just live life as normal. He said I can go ahead and unpack everything and that the stuff they used can take two weeks to kill off the population. If after two weeks they aren’t gone they will treat again. My question is- is chemical really a better route? And should I go ahead and unpack all the stuff in my living room and resume life as normal. I’m hesitant to buy any furniture but this guy assured me it was fine. He also said that the bed leg traps weren’t worth the money. Are there any other passive monitor control systems I should use? Thanks !

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982