Please help. anxiety is to the roof

(3 posts)
  1. thisisanightmare

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jan 28 2016 20:17:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I posted not too long ago but went on a rant more than asking what I needed to ask. If you get bed bugs (we got a note saying neighboring tenant has them and I had been waking up with bites thinking it was mosquito) I can LEGALLY break my lease due to inhabitable living conditions right? Yes they are paying for treatments. But it's not right to live this way. I know I have rights as a tenant..just need someone to tell me because I'm so desperate and distraught please help.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jan 29 2016 1:03:04
    #

Login to Send PM

You can't get local legal advice from the internet because laws vary and leases vary. (And you can't really get legal advice from anonymous strangers anyway-- anyone qualified, i.e. a lawyer, would not give it.)

That said, it's unlikely that you have any rights based on a neighbor having bed bugs.

If you get bed bugs (and it's not a given that you will), you may have rights if the landlord does not eliminate the problem.

I am not an expert or a lawyer, so you might want to follow up with legal advice locally. There are free or low cost options if needed per this faq.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. thisisanightmare

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jan 29 2016 8:26:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay thank you so much nobugsonme!! I want out of this apartment so badly. We can't sleep, hate coming home from work..everything makes us freaked out. Thank you for your very helpful reply!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,403 posts in 46,317 topics over 141 months by 20,414 of 21,254 members. Latest: spokallus, nu2bedbugs87, ndjur