PLEASE HELP! Activity after THIRD treatment

(2 posts)
  1. ukhelpme

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Feb 2 2019 8:39:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Just to start, I am living in the UK and i know things are different in other parts of the world.
    Quick backstory, I live in a terraced house and in about late 2016 i started getting bites, I thought it was a heat rash of some sort until i seen the bugs. I thought i got it from work first as I worked in a call centre at the time and bags were kept on the floor and it would be easy to pick something up.
    We called the council first and they did 2 sprays which were 6 weeks apart, as you can predict, the situation wasn’t helped. We then called the council again and again the treatment was unsuccessful.
    We then came to realise that our neighbours also had a bed bug issue, but it was from the previous tenants. The previous tenants were bringing in furniture off the streets and the landlord knew about this and still put new tenants in there.
    We had many issues with the neighbours and the landlord said they don’t have it anymore! Bed bugs just don’t disappear. Those neighbours moves our December 2018 and we finally could start to sort out the situation, however the landlord for next door wasn’t on board. He said he has his own insecticide from India and it works, he then moved in new tenants. At this point we got money and booked a treatment from a different company, and to our surprise, the morning of our treatment, the landlord for next door said the new tenants stayed one night in the house and left as they still had bed bugs. We then told him what we were doing and the PCO spoke to him and also to our surprise, the neighbour on the other side of him have bed bug issues also!
    So the treatment happened the following day, all three houses were treated, after the first treatment we still had activity, second treatment was a week later and we still had activity, we had a third treatment on the 25th Jan and we are still seeing bugs! Well, it’s only me seeing bugs, there is no activity in my mums room, she hasn’t had any bites, seen any activity or any fecal matter. however, I’m finding 5 or more bugs at night, we told the PCO and he told us we have to give them an opportunity to die.
    I am so frustrated because i am pregnant, i am due at the end of this month and i cannot bring the baby into this situation. He put down bed bug monitors called Trappit but none have stuck to them yet, the PCO also said that the infestation definitely started next door as the amount of bugs there was a lot, and the infestation my house and the other neighbour has is from migration.
    I asked him if he can do a heat treatment because I haven’t got much time to get this sorted but he said he doesn’t feel it is necessary. He said he won’t stop until our situation is sorted but time is of the essence and I want to go back to normal living, i am tired of living out of black bags.
    Has anybody else had activity after the third treatment? Also, the insecticide he used was Ficam W.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Feb 2 2019 14:04:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It’s correct that the issue in your property is driven by the adjoining source property so as frustrating as it is your situation is driven by theirs and this will take time to untangle and resolve.

Not a big fan of Ficam, it’s the “go to” product in the UK so have issues with resistance and dispersal, whole effect as a contact killer it has no residual action.

If the neighbour is not occupied it should be actively monitored to reduce the risk of ingress to you but terraced rows can be notorious for issues as they can spread easily from one property to the other via the “air gaps” under the floorboards.

It’s also correct that heat would not offer you the solution you seek in your property as it would need to repeated following each ingress for you to remain clear.

I suspect you need to try and chat with the “environmental health enforcement team” at the local council and ask them to ensure that the landlord next door starts understanding their legal obligations in this type of scenario.

Glue based traps have a very low efficiency as bedbugs test the ground before they walk on it. You would have better success using Passive Monitors and effectively repeating the R step of the TbyPMR protocol.

Hope that makes sense.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,506 posts in 49,276 topics over 152 months by 21,596 of 22,019 members. Latest: tlc6225, Laurenke, elco1996