(6 posts)
  1. OhNoo24

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 1:27:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone!
    I was hesitant to post a success story up until now, and now I know why.

So, we've had our last of 4 treatments every two weeks at the 30th of November. Ever since then, I've had some itching and some scares here and there (as you can see in my last post, haha... )

But these last few days, I could barely sleep from the itching. This morning I woke up to this:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/162522915@N03/edit

I know this is a bad and probably useless Photo, I'm sorry. But it's an ink-like little black spot in our sheets. Maybe I can manage to get a better image later in the day.

So. My question is: is we have bedbugs after they seemed gone since november, how likely is it that they spread from other apartments? How likely is it that we just never got rid of them? How many bedbugs would we realistically have by now if we never got rid of them since November?
    We life in an apartment building with one neighboring unit and two above and two below. We originally got them from the flat next to us, that has been empty and getting renovated for the past 4 months.
    If they spread from neighboring units, we probably have to move out.

Thank you so much for any opinions!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 2:12:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I can’t see the image at the second because FlickR is not behaving in Thailand.

However, my initial thoughts are that it’s either:

• A local source infestation (you have previously mentioned neighbours)
    • Post bedbug skin sensitivity

The later can give the impression of an ongoing issue without the confirming signs which is why the forum is so adamant about focusing on confirming. Without that essential confirmation you end up shooting at the wrong target and failing in a spectacular fashion.

I will check back later to see if the images are accessible but if you recap on my previous reply you will know what signs I would be looking for.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. OhNoo24

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 10:33:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you David! I hope you have a good time in Thailand.

I am aware of post bedbug skin sensitivity and I know that I have it. My boyfriend and I even have some sting-like skin irritations and some blood spots on our sheets, but I really tried not to worry about it too much.
    I think "Bite proof is not Bug proof" is great advice!

I went to bed yesterday and couldn't sleep I was so itchy, but I kept thinking "Until I have some actual proof, this must in no way be bedbugs. I'll keep looking for dark spots."
    Then I woke up this morning to a dark spot. I tried to get a better picture:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/162522915@N03/40384631893/in/dateposted-public/

Can we rule out the possibility that they somehow survived the last four treatments in november? Would they be too many/too noticible by now? I haven't seen a bedbug since the beginning of november.

Thank you!

4. OhNoo24

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 10:43:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, and if you stay in Thailand for longer and would have a look, I can upload the image on imgur/somewhere else

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 10:47:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The new picture is not bedbug related, when that mark was left there is was not as liquid as bedbug faeces is.

The problem with “looking” is that unless you have experience and know where to look on different types of furniture your skill level is not a factor you can rely on. It’s better to monitor using reliable methods and confirm from there.

Leaving Thailand in the morning after a much needed rest, all I can say it’s what an awesomely hospitable country and bathing elephants is every bit as amazing as you would assume although now I know what it’s like for an elephant to stand on your foot, thankfully not at full weight.

David

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Mar 11 2019 13:03:49
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    The new picture is not bedbug related, when that mark was left there is was not as liquid as bedbug faeces is.
    The problem with “looking” is that unless you have experience and know where to look on different types of furniture your skill level is not a factor you can rely on. It’s better to monitor using reliable methods and confirm from there.
    Leaving Thailand in the morning after a much needed rest, all I can say it’s what an awesomely hospitable country and bathing elephants is every bit as amazing as you would assume although now I know what it’s like for an elephant to stand on your foot, thankfully not at full weight.
    David

There's also a large amounts of insects, arachnids and myriapods for food.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,253 posts in 47,652 topics over 147 months by 21,005 of 21,326 members. Latest: scaredincanada, BleuRoses, mab1017