Please anyone I need help! PLEASE!!!!

(4 posts)
  1. Katienobug

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 19 2019 16:59:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I posted a few days l ago about how I tried to move into a rental home and found out after being there less than 24 hours that it had bed bugs. Thankfully we only took our bathroom stuff, some of my daughters toys, and clothes there. We had an exterminator come to our house when it first started and he said it wasn’t us. He also told us to use 50% alcohol solution and this bed bug spray we bought on all of our daughters toys even though they were mostly plastic and he didn’t think they would be on them. We sprayed our mattress and box spring because we had blankets we took into the house the first night. Since then we’ve washed everything at either the laundry mat or our home and dried all the Barbie clothes and anything else cloth for 60-80min in our dryer. Saturday was about 8 days since it all happened and I noticed some bumps in a line on my leg they arent round unless they are just that small and close together I can’t tell. They are barely there at all now not even 4 full days later and they never itched I only noticed them because I rubbed my leg randomly one day. I haven’t noticed anymore (although I haven’t been sleeping in my bed because my daughter thinks it’s fun to camp out in the living room haha.) I also have severe anxiety and I haven’t been eating or sleeping very well and I know that can do weird things to your immune system and skin. Anyway since I noticed them I’ve sprayed my whole bed and box spring AGAIN with 50% alcohol solution. I guess my question is what are the chances I brought any home with me? And how long do I need to be concerned that I brought some home. This house had sat empty for 3 months so I know that they would be hungry and would have found us by now. I’m the inly one with bumps but I know everyone doesn’t react. I feel like I’m losing my mind and I don’t want to spend months living out of bags. Someone please just give me some advice and hope. Idk how much more I can handle!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 19 2019 17:26:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would recommend you read through the static content to get up to speed on the facts 90-95% alcohol not 50% and plastic toys and items rinse through throughly under hot running water will suffice.

Reading the static sections will also help you to understand how to monitor and check and most importantly not to do it to frequently.

I also have anxiety management resources on my home site which are designed to help in bedbug situations.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Katienobug

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 19 2019 17:30:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I’ve already been back in my house now for almost 2 weeks so would rinsing the toys even be helpful at this point? Also, it is true they can’t lay eggs if they haven’t fed? Also does the same stand for mating or can they mate even if they aren’t feeding or is that sort of the same question? I literally don’t know anything about these things. Besides the ones we saw were big I only saw one little one. And they were flat. We didn’t end up moving there we just sprayed all of our stuff and brought it home. We dumped all her toys out before we sprayed them. And didn’t see any on anything.

4. Katienobug

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Feb 19 2019 17:54:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Also does this mean that all the spraying we did was for nothing? Or would the 50% still work just not work as well?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,916 posts in 50,062 topics over 155 months by 21,886 of 22,374 members. Latest: kslone1006, Hex999, Gauned