Please any talented bed bug expert [a: phorid fly larva]

(8 posts)
  1. ptsd26

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 5 2015 23:51:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi I really need help here figuring out of Tia is a cast skin or not. I had spraying done over a month ago. I had a super mild issue and could never really find evidence but a few I sporadically found. Trust me I've checked everywhere, and I know al the protocol. This is the 2nd time I've been through this and I almost thought I had my sanity back. I know I have a problem with phorid flies(sp) so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but these look really similar to a bed bug. Bud there is never a head and its tapered down on both sides, but when I squished it there was a smal amount of white creamy substance. Please if an expert can tell me what this is.

2. ptsd26

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 5 2015 23:54:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Please forgive the spelling issues. I'm super stressed and tired clearly lol

3. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 5 2015 23:56:38
    #

Login to Send PM

That's nothing bedbug related.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  4. ptsd26

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Oct 6 2015 1:18:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Is this a phorid fly larvae?

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Oct 6 2015 5:26:42
    #

Login to Send PM

ptsd26 - 4 hours ago  » 
    I know I have a problem with phorid flies(sp) so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but these look really similar to a bed bug. Bud there is never a head and its tapered down on both sides, but when I squished it there was a smal amount of white creamy substance. Is this a phorid fly larvae?

You've answered your own question. No, your specimen looks nothing like bed bug, but would be associated with phorid fly life history.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. ptsd26

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Oct 6 2015 22:19:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I have one more question. So the shell that's seen. Underneath it is this casing that is an egg sack similar to a bed bug egg. But cleared. But it has a hole on the other side. Just so I don't have to scare myself would a bed bug egg ever have that brown case around it?

7. ptsd26

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Oct 6 2015 22:19:51
    #

Login to Send PM

But clear*

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Oct 7 2015 4:51:22
    #

Login to Send PM

ptsd26 - 6 hours ago  » 
    I have one more question. So the shell that's seen. Underneath it is this casing that is an egg sack similar to a bed bug egg. But cleared. But it has a hole on the other side. Just so I don't have to scare myself would a bed bug egg ever have that brown case around it?

Maybe you should be writing fiction. You're letting your imagination run wild. It's time to calm down.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,545 posts in 46,823 topics over 143 months by 20,658 of 21,555 members. Latest: ykngrggpus, DoIHaveBB, Dread Bugs