Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Plagued by Bed Bugs; what do you think of this new type of solution?

(4 posts)
  1. bedbugger nightmare

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Feb 12 2016 22:18:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey Guys,

I moved into my beautiful apartment 4 months ago and everything was going great, except in the last few weeks, I have noticed multiple bed bugs crawling in my bedroom and in the living room as well. They are nasty as hell and a few of them even bit me. I tried spraying them and then I called my apartment manager, but he's being a jerk and won't help me with them. A friend of mine used this product called bedroom guardian and told me it works amazingly well. It's a type of protective sheet that you put between the mattresses on the bed that repels and kills bed bugs and is cheap, effective and easy to use. I was thinking of buying this. Could you guys give me your honest opinion on this and see what you think of it?

bedroomguardian.com/indexv2p2.php?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Feb 12 2016 23:48:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, but if any reliable source told us it were effective, we'd be selling them here. I haven't heard anyone reputable recommending this. The site you link to is an infomercial.

You need treatment rather than to try and repeal them, and if the landlord is responsible for paying for treatment and won't do this, there are likely ways to help make that happen. Find out your rights where you live as a tenant.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Feb 13 2016 7:42:55
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugger nightmare:
    Your post sounds like an infomercial just to introduce the product on this site. As nobugsonme pointed out, your link is to a infomercial type site. Nowhere on the site is there information about the ingredients. There appears to be lots of information on the site when in reality there is no useful information. How can a product prevent bed bugs from crawling into your bed and also destroy them? If it keeps bed bugs from crawling onto the bed, how does it kill them; if it kills them, how does it repel them? I've never seen this product and it supposedly has been around for years. Research discloses that it's Diatomaceous Earth in a disk.
    From their site:
    Backed by Clinical Research
    Bedroom Guardian is backed by numerous clinical studies & entomology reports and has been proven effective in repelling and preventing Bed Bug infestations.
    --I've never heard of any reference to this product except when people search the Internet for bed bug remedies.
    nobugsonme -- it's here.
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/bedroom-guardian-scam
    Also on their site:
    Copyright © 2012 Bedroom Guardian. All Rights Reserved.
    Offers subject to change or cancellation at any time. Bedroom
    Guardian is not responsible for pricing or other errors.
    Time and degree of results will vary.
    --Do you think you will ever get your money back if it doesn't work if time and degree of results will vary? It could take years before it works, so you'll have to leave it. Why isn't the company responsible for pricing? You are ordering from them? They don't set their own prices?
    BTW, another product is Defensive End. Hint DE. Same scam.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Feb 15 2016 22:25:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Lou and Nobugs. So, it's DE wrapped in a golden infomercial. That's bad karma.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19