Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Placement of passive in conjunction with climb-ups?

(9 posts)
  1. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Mar 7 2011 21:12:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, I just bought 2 new beds and I'm keeping my fingers crossed here. I honestly tried to search around for an answer for this question but couldn't find it. What is the best placement for a passive monitor if I have climbup interceptors on the beds? Does it even make sense to use both? I don't have a headboard. I've heard the floor is not a good place.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 8 2011 18:21:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Climb ups are passive monitors. What other type of passive monitor did you buy?

3. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 8 2011 20:05:15
    #

Login to Send PM

BB Alert. I suppose just in case sheets drag on the floor or something. Could also stick them on the sofa, which will not have climbups, or the crib....

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 8 2011 22:31:10
    #

Login to Send PM

5. NeedAValidUserName

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 10 2011 19:45:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Where should I put it if I'm sleeping on an air mattress? vertical at the head of it? I haven't had the guts to move back into my room with the bed yet

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Mar 11 2011 12:12:28
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 2 days ago  » 
    Climb ups are passive monitors. What other type of passive monitor did you buy?

Sorry big man, I and the English language will have to disagree with you on this one. ClimbUP's are insect interceptors, that is what is disclosed in Chang Lou's patent application, They are a form of trap as they detect bedbugs through the simple process of isolating them between the wells of the device in the same way that pit fall trap does.

To be a true monitor you have to use no trapping methods to detect either the presence of the target insect or the signs that it has been present.

Yes I appreciate this may seem pedantic and somatic but it does relate to a method patent which has been published and should soon be granted.

With regards placement in conjunction with air beds you can place at the head end with 50% of the passive outside of the mattress and the remainder under. You should keep the bed in a similar position and orientation to where the original bed was to maximize detection. If in doubt email me a picture of the bed located in the room from the head and and I will mark an install location and send back to you.

Regards,

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly acknowledge that I have a vested interest in passive bedbug monitors as the patentor of the technology

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  7. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Mar 23 2011 11:57:52
    #

Login to Send PM

How can interceptors not be passive monitors? Anything that doesn't send out a signal (CO2, heat, pheromones) is passive. Anything designed to be used for monitoring is a monitor.

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Mar 23 2011 14:18:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - 2 hours ago  » 
    How can interceptors not be passive monitors? Anything that doesn't send out a signal (CO2, heat, pheromones) is passive. Anything designed to be used for monitoring is a monitor.

Its a pit fall trap, therefore its a trap not a monitor. I appreciate that you might not follow the specificity of the language but it is for a very good reason.

As both patents are published you can look up the exact text and you will see what I mean.

David

9. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 31 2011 10:47:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Is there any reason I should care what words mean in patent-law gobbledygook? I'm not a patent lawyer. I'm not trying to get anything patented.

In English, a device for monitoring something is called a monitor, regardless of whether it works by beeping when a patient's blood pressure gets too low or by making exuviae and feces be visible when bed bugs are present. If all things called "monitors" shared a common principle of operation, while other things used for monitoring were called something else, then it would make sense to put interceptor traps used for monitoring into that hypothetical other category. But monitors don't all work the same way, and there is no such other category.

It certainly sounds as though BBAlerts are better monitors than pitfall traps or glue traps. But an inferior monitor is still a monitor.

The patent application for the ClimbUp:
    http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=VmLXAAAAEBAJ

and the patent for BBAlert:
    http://www.ipo.gov.uk/p-find-publication-getPDF.pdf?PatentNo=GB2463953&DocType=A&JournalNumber=6307

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,413 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams