Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

pin sized bites or tiny pimples?

(14 posts)
  1. sodepressed

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 0:58:50
    #

Login to Send PM

after almost 2 months of being away, i came back to dead bed bugs around the bed...i guess the heat in that period killed them. it was easily 40 degrees outside in the day though not that hot in the apartment.
    now a week after im back, i keep getting a few of these pin sized bites or r they skin flare ups becos its so dry and my skin is gettin gto be so dry here. i really donno. we have been sleepin gin the living since before we left the apartment.on matteress on the carpet which i vacumn everyday. my husband who used to react to bites and gets them big and red r not getting any bites but it seems he didnt get any for a month or so until he started reacting. so i donno what to think!!!!
    the bites r not super itchy ....just i know they r there cos they itch a little and will be gone after 1 day leaving a little discolouration.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 1:08:37
    #

Login to Send PM

sodepressed - 6 minutes ago  » 
    after almost 2 months of being away, i came back to dead bed bugs around the bed...i guess the heat in that period killed them. it was easily 40 degrees outside in the day though not that hot in the apartment.... my husband who used to react to bites and gets them big and red r not getting any bites but it seems he didnt get any for a month or so until he started reacting. so i donno what to think!!!!

I seriously doubt whether the bed bug were killed by heat inside your home (unless you paid a pro to bake it using thermal treatment). It would have to get to 120 F for hours, or higher-- highly unlikely with ambient temperatures.

I will leave it for PCOs to weigh in but I would assume that dead bed bugs on the floor might have been killed by a residual chemical or dust.

If you were not treating for bed bugs before finding them, do you have attached neighbors? If so, they could have treated and the bed bugs could have migrated having already been poisoned but not yet dead. (DE, for example, can take 10 days to kill bed bugs, we are told).

They do die of natural causes, but I'd be way suspicious, finding multiple ones at once in one place.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 1:10:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, I would not assume all the bed bugs in your home are dead. You cannot diagnose them from bite marks (size, feeling, appearance, or anything else). Many people are bitten and do not react.

4. sodepressed

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 5:02:34
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks for your reply,
    i also doubted that they could die so fast...i kept thinking of the 180 days thing butthen found out that they could die in a shorter time of starvation at 37 degrees celcius.we were away for a month and when my husband came back after that i was still away for an additional month. when he came back he said he found dead bugs on the bed and around the bedroom..all adults and late stage nymphs. for a few days after he would find a few each daywalking around and he caught those which died 2 days later...then stopped finding any at all.
    we have upstairs neigbours..so maybe they used pesticide? or the bugs migrated upstairs i dono.
    we neevr had time to do treatment since i discovered them a few days before my vacation and now that we r back, we r looking for another place to stay. most of my things r already bagged since my last scare.arrrgggghhhh

5. sodepressed

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 19:51:20
    #

Login to Send PM

arrrrrghhhh u r so right....i found one tonight around 3.30am crawling so fast towards me like it was starving...i think its an adult or last satge nymph.
    i feel like crying...at least i didnt stop bagging

6. hatesbedbugs

Banned

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Nov 6 2008 9:07:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Sodepressed, are your pimples or lesions in the head region? Do you have biting, stinging pin prick sensations? If so you may be suffering from a condition called Morgellons. There are other symptoms as well. However, the biting and pimples are the predominant symptoms. You may also feel like things are crawling on you when, they are not. Google Morgellons. It appears to be a subcutaneous environmental parasitic condition. Some say it starts start with a biting mite.I would like to know if any one else is suffering from these symptoms

7. Livingagain

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Nov 6 2008 9:40:25
    #

Login to Send PM

But she found a bug...

8. hatesbedbugs

Banned

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Nov 6 2008 10:35:41
    #

Login to Send PM

One can have bed bugs as well as biting mites and feel over whelmed not being able to seperate I thought she might appreciate the information as, well as other readers.

9. hatesbedbugs

Banned

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Nov 6 2008 10:39:35
    #

Login to Send PM

One can have bed bugs as well as biting mites and feel overwhelmed not, being able to separate sensations. I thought she and other readers would appreciate the information.

10. sodepressed

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Nov 6 2008 16:13:25
    #

Login to Send PM

yeah i found a bug...
    dare i hope it is a lone bug...nope
    but i donno what to do now..
    im pregnant and treatment seems like a bad idea with chemicals used.
    just continuing to wash and dry on hot and keep my things in ziplocks.
    i have also rolled up the carpets and vacummed.
    anything else? before i leave in 7 weeks

11. sodepressed

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Nov 7 2008 14:21:03
    #

Login to Send PM

okaaaay i cannot take this mental torture annymore!!

what the heck is biting me!! i have these tiny itchy pimples all over my back and butt. they r so tiny and pinkish but has a bump in the centre...normally go away the next day.
    what other mites bites besides bbs and fleas??

12. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Nov 7 2008 14:28:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you considered the possibility of an allergic reaction?

The back, butt, and upper thighs affected would lead me to suspect a reaction to something in your clothes while sitting.

Use hypoallergenic detergents going forward. Wait you are in Saudi Arabia right? Isn't all the water desalinated except for drinking? Could be a factor also if the "bites" are where clothing is in constant contact.

Food for thought in your investigation.

Jim

13. sodepressed

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Nov 7 2008 15:18:39
    #

Login to Send PM

yeah im in SA. the last time i was here i had them pimples on my butt and things too. though no wi thought those were MY 'bites' as compared to my husband who had them big and red welts. but even he didnt react for i think at least a few weeks cos they were all late stage nmphs by the time i discovered them.
    anyway i will try hypoallergenic and install my water filter in the shower...had them for months but lazy to install...sigh

one more thing, my son who reacts badly to other insect bites never seem to get a bite thru all these time...is that possible not to react to bbs but others including mosquitoes

14. Marixpress

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Nov 7 2008 15:26:01
    #

Login to Send PM

sodepressed - 6 minutes ago  » is that possible not to react to bbs but others including mosquitoes

Yes. You've just described me.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982