Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Mysterious spots on bed + marks on leg. Called pest control...

(5 posts)
  1. meowstoria

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 12 2019 15:48:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I hope someone can help me following recent pest control visit.

Two issues make me suspect bedbugs.

I spotted these marks on my white comforter, there are 2/3 others elsewhere but these three are close together.

https://i.imgur.com/oF1fQW1.png

I also noticed these marks on my legs, around one week apart. They heal within a day or two but seem to be in the typical arrangement. Even the pest control guy said "hey yeah that's the shape you'd expect from them"

https://i.imgur.com/UX4sszb.jpg / https://i.imgur.com/16APQ5u.jpg

I got an inspector in but I'd already tossed my mattress sheet in the trash so he couldn't find any poop marks on there even if there had been. He looked for poop stains on mattress but couldn't find any, and no evidence of bugs on the wood slats under the mattress. But, it could also be early and hard to find. He didn't check my wood floors, and wasn't very thorough with curtains/side table etc.

This whole fear came about since my sis and daughter stayed for a week in the bed. Spending each day in NYC tourist hotspots etc

I'm moving in 3 days and terrified of taking anything into my new place. My current plan is to get rid of most of my existing furniture and clothes, and do a 2x weekly regimen of spray/powder/vacuuming in the new place. I've spent about $100 on stuff so far to fight them.

Is this a sensible plan of action, or an overreaction?

2. meowstoria

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 13 2019 8:03:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Just wanted to politely bump this as I have to make a call on all my furniture todya.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 13 2019 8:06:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Nothing in the images confirms or makes me suspect bedbugs.

A better action plan would be:

• Stop panicking
    • Stop panicking
    • Monitor for bedbugs

Repeat above until you actually confirm bedbugs via:

• Live samples
    • Cast skins
    • Faecal traces

In the meantime getting better educated about an issue removes its fear and control and enables you not the panic and do all sorts of costly things that are not needed until you actually confirm you have an actual real issue with bedbugs.

Your mantra and meme for the day is:

keep-calm-and-monitor-4-bedbugs by David Cain, on Flickr

Hope that makes sense and please consider paying forward a small percentage of what that will have saved you or at least spread the word to reduce the stress for others.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. meowstoria

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 13 2019 9:00:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David. I know a lot of homeless shelters struggle with the issue out here so I'll send some $ their way.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 13 2019 9:30:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Ty, it’s sadly a global issue.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325