Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Picking a PCO

(5 posts)
  1. Nopenopenope

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jun 28 2017 9:59:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I posted a few days ago about finding one dead bed bug & last night, I found another. This time it was near a crack between the floor and baseboard, dead, a few feet from the washer/dryer. It could have been there already or we could have dropped it there when doing laundry. No live ones or bites but plenty of traps. But getting a PCO out soon. I've talked to two and will be talking to a third today.

One said that heat treatment would be cost prohibitive due to heat-sensitive sprinklers but recommend a "super powerful chemical treatment that the boss doesn't want used often because it's expensive but" but usually works with 1-2 treatments and he "would use this chemical because he doesn't want to have to travel up there again", he offered a 60 day warranty and priced it at $1350.

The second one said heat treatment is doable but because we share one wall with our neighbors,they'd have to inspect the neighbors' place for us to get a warranty especially since the ones we found were already dead and it's possible that they came through the shared wall. He said the heat treatment would be around $2000 for a three story, two bedroom townhouse. He said that the chemical they use is new and kills the eggs on contact, that they haven't had any callbacks with it (implying one treatment). And said it would be a 30 day - 6 month warranty that we could purchase with it, at a cost of 400-600 dollars for the townhouse.

I'm calling a third today, but those two had the best & most reviews. I'm really confused since the FAQs mention multiple treatments and I can't find anything through Google about this "new" or "extremely powerful" treatment but since it's new maybe it's different? Is this legit? Can anyone explain the huge price difference? Both stated that they would only come out after treating if we found new bbs (so not just for sanity's sake), is this standard? How do we start this convo with our neighbors about letting someone check for bbs at their place?

I would really appreciate any guidance you have to offer.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jun 28 2017 10:07:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Both PCOs are willing to treat without finding live bed bugs? It sounds like they're coming from the neighbors from what you've posted. I would never treat without solid evidence.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jun 28 2017 10:11:34
    #

Login to Send PM

The devil is in the details. You might start by finding out exactly what are the names of the "new" and "super/extremely powerful" agents they propose to use, where they attend to apply them, and how often. Also, you might ask if they also vaccum, steam and/or use dust.

Richard

4. Nopenopenope

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jun 28 2017 10:28:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, they said they would treat without live bugs confirmed. I'm guessing it's because I live about two hours from their location (big state, only major city that's close) and they don't want to do multiple trips. One said they wouldn't come out for just an inspection and the other said it would be $125 for one. Even if they are coming from my neighbors, wouldn't getting a chemical treatment create a barrier?

I called and asked, company one said they use Crossfire and company two said they use Temperant (sp?) + a mystery product that they wouldn't tell me the name of, though if I got treatment they would give me a list of chemicals used plus active ingredients. It feels like they both really focus more on heat treatments but I don't know who else to call, the other companies got poorer reviews or are general PCOs. Are general PCOs usually good at bb removal? I'm so confused and lost.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jun 28 2017 11:29:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Treating your home will do nothing if the source is coming from next door.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,513 posts in 44,038 topics over 133 months by 19,284 of 19,912 members. Latest: Aegis_, paulsinn, emeralddragonfly