(4 posts)
  1. 3times

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 18 2014 1:09:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello -

I just found this little guy running across my pillow case not minutes after getting into bed. Sorry to have taped him, but it was moving fast!.....
    [img]Please help ID[/img]

This is the first time I've seen a bug that looked like this in my apartment. I have seen booklice on my unfinished wood furniture. I'm just not sure if this is a booklouse as well...because it looks more reddish, and, well, it was in my bed.

If anyone can help to ID, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 18 2014 4:28:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbug.

Most likely a pscocid or small beetle.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 18 2014 7:04:26
    #

Login to Send PM

From the size and shape I'd go with psocid or booklice.

If it were a beetle we'd likely see a different shape to the abdomen.

HOWEVER, a better photo would allow for a more accurate determination.

As such, if you're able to post a closer photo, that would be great !

pjb

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 18 2014 10:55:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Picture is fine. It's a booklouse. If you look at all sizes and then pick highest resolution, it is visible and clear.

If it were a beetle we'd likely see a different shape to the abdomen.

Actually I've seen some beetles with that abdominal shape, but closer examination discloses that it is a booklouse abdomen and there are no elytra among other things.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,305 posts in 50,167 topics over 155 months by 21,928 of 22,425 members. Latest: xterra888, MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies