1. ukulelejack

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jan 9 2011 10:13:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Here are photos I took of the aftermath of my treatment two days ago:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92996189@N00/sets/72157625783475482/

Today, the apartment still reeks of chemicals, after leaving the windows open all day and overnight (I slept at my GF's house). He sprayed Demand/Exciter on the surfaces of my couch, chairs, and mattress where I sit and sleep. He actually went through an entire spray canister of product in my 400-sf apartment.

Is this a competent PCO?

2. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jan 9 2011 12:12:52
    #

Login to Send PM

OMG......no that does not look good at all. There must be some authority you can call and advise about this. Definately doesn't look like IPM to me. I'm sure some of the professionals can chime in on where to go from here.

3. thebedbugresource

old timer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jan 9 2011 16:12:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow !!!

4. so unsettling

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jan 9 2011 16:59:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like he thought he was supposed to use up the whole canister. When I returned, I couldn't see anything, but could tell that the PCO had BEEN everywhere--i.e., items I had overlooked were moved to gain access to areas in between things, etc. I hope you are OK and can get this situation redressed.

5. ukulelejack

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jan 9 2011 17:58:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks--glad to hear I'm not crazy and this guy really overdid it. I think this is enough to tell the landlord I do not want that PCO to treat my place again.

6. Exterminator Toronto

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Mar 2 2011 18:34:54
    #

Login to Send PM

This is likely more common than you think for pest control companies relying on pesticide. You should not be present during application you definitely do not want to touch the wet surfaces or breathe the spray mist. The exterminator should have not applied with you present, he should follow the label at all time during application for your safety as well as his own.

7. murukku

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 11:37:29
    #

Login to Send PM

With my treatment there is no sign of chemicals, only overturned furniture. After the allotted 7 hours we had to wait to go back into the house, then the next 40 minutes of ventilation, the house had a bit of a smell, however this all dissipated within a few hours and by the next day there was no trace of any chemical use.

This on the other hand looks waaay out of control !

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 17:44:02
    #

Login to Send PM

If you tell us where you are (state, province, etc.), someone might be able to suggest how to complain.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  9. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 18:37:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Ouch...Il looks like you called a PCO and a painter came in....

10. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Mar 4 2011 11:17:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Is that dust in the first pic? if so I'm lmao. That's terrible. I don't understand certain companies. Anytime I have ever made a mess (nothing ever remotely this bad) I freak out lol. I'll stop everything I'm doing and clean/contain the mess. the worst I had was when using a duster, the darn top came off in the middle of a "puff". Dust everywhere!(localized to a corner behind some trim, but still!) I quickly cleaned everything up because.....common sense...tells you too...

Call your local Department of Health or Department of Agriculture. They will help you out. Best of luck to ya.

11. ukulelejack

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Mar 4 2011 14:36:35
    #

Login to Send PM

no, it's all liquid--a combo of Demand CS and Xciter in water. he's come back two times since this big treatment, once a month. i put on a mask and watch him do it, to make sure he doesn't spray over my eating and food-prep surfaces. he did that once already! for these follow-ups, though, he's using much less liquid, and i have been BB-free since 1/2/11. (knock wood.)

i do worry about my health, though, having my apartment sprayed every month. is that a concern?

12. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Mar 4 2011 15:02:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I would still contact some sort of authority (depending on where you live). For all we know this PCO could be doing this at every job he/they go to.

Does it happen to say anywhere (EPA ticket for example) at what rate the demand was mixed at and how much (gal.) was used? Demand should usually be mixed at 0.03%( 0.4 FL OZ of demand per gallon of water. (0.06% can be used for severe infestations) The Exciter is more of a knockdown agent.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,194 posts in 50,136 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69