Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Phantom Bites

(1 post)
  1. DarthRaven6996

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 3:44:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Me and my husband got bed bugs at the end of 2015. I had never had them and was wondering why I was asking up with large itchy welts on my face. I dealt with it. Finally my husband told me he saw bugs. And killed a couple. His father had them from an infested couch another family member gave him. We ended up bringing them home. Last summer my apt complex paid to have a past control company spray. They sprayed 4 times over a span of every 2 weeks or so. I still kept getting these itchy welts on my face! I thought we still had bugs and we didn't. Last control looked all over and said by the 4th spray theybdont know what they were treating anymore. Well it's been over a year now. I'm still getting large itchy welts on my face which is where the bed bugs primarily bit me. We just had past control come in not too long ago and still nothing. I threw my old bed out and couch. So new mattress and new bed frame. New couches. No signs of bed bugs. I've been to two dermatologist and no one knows what to do about these things on my face. They just prescribe me steroids or hydroxyzine. As soon as I come off the steroids I get flare ups again. I'm going insane. It's ugly and it's embarrassing. I never had this problem before bed bugs. It's been over a year and I'm at a loss. Because I can't just keep taking steroids. Has anyone else encountered this? Please tell me someone has a success story of besting this. I'm depressed. It's driving me insane. I don't want to go to work or be around people because I feel like it's all they see. And it's so hard to explain. My derm confirmed they are hives. One derm tried to tell me it was cystic acne and I knew it wasn't.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982