newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2016 23:22:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi All,

Please see the below link for my flicker images:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/146316298@N08/4276dj

I have attached several images of why I am VERY concerned.
    -I saw a couple of black "pebble-like" pieces near my bedroom wall. I am wondering if this could be bedbug feces?
    -Underneath my 2 year old mattress, there are black dotted spots. I am wondering if this could be bedbug feces.
    -Tonight, under our living room table near the couch (where the dog picked up scent), we found a cracked shell. We just noticed this, and since this is new, I am so concerned that there is a nearby bedbug that either hatched or shed.

A few weeks ago, we found a bug in our bed (image included in my flicker gallery). We were confidently told that this was a grain beetle and had our apartment treated for beetles (although this was the only one we saw).

I remained worried, as a week later, I had many bites on my leg. My apartment building brought in a bed bug dog when I wasn't home, and I was told the dog sensed bed bugs by our couch and by both beds in our bedrooms. We are moving upstairs in the same building in a month, so our apartment building had a pest company treat our unit this week using residual dust insecticide and residual pesticide and are coming back in 2 weeks for a second treatment.

We have not seen a single live bed bug. Also, the tech said he did not see anything live when treating. We dried all of our clothes and found nothing, looked in every shoe and found nothing and opened all outlet covers and found nothing. We also have inspected our mattress and box spring when waking up and going to bed and have found nothing.

Is it strange that we've seen no live activity, including when the exterminator treated?

I would greatly appreciate your help in identifying the possible feces, mattress stain and bedbug shell.

Thanks!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/146316298@N08/4276dj

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Sep 10 2016 5:33:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing bed bug related.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,897 posts in 50,058 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019