Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Pesticide treatment and small animals.

(2 posts)
  1. sb26

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat May 1 2010 11:46:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I'm new here & this forum has been a huge help in terms of advice. I have one question that I haven't seen covered though.

I started treatment 2 weeks ago - a pest control officer has been twice to spray my flat with pesticide. (I live in a small flat, only 2 rooms, so the whole place has been sprayed.) I'm having a third and final treatment next week... and fingers crossed no more bedbugs!
    Anyway, I'm a bit worried as my boyfriend was supposed to be moving in with me this month - we delayed it a bit, due to having the treatment, but he really needs to move in soon as he starts a new job which he can't put off. Anyway, he has a young hamster and I am really worried about bringing it into my flat after having pesticide sprayed all around. :/ As I said, it's a very small flat, and every surface has been sprayed. I forgot to ask the pest control officer about it, but will do so next week when I have the final treatment. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone else has been in this situation - having small animals in rooms that have been treated? How long does this stuff linger on the walls, in the furnishings, etc? Of course we will find alternate living arrangements for hammy if it would be dangerous to bring her here, as I won't have her here if there is any risk to her.

Thanks in advance

edit: I'm so sorry, I meant to post this in a different sub-forum. Aargh. Bit clueless about using forums sorry!

2. bedbugman

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat May 1 2010 14:00:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hammy the hamster will be fine as long as he or she is is not around during and for a few hours after the treatment keep him caged and he should not pick anything up. Although I have heard of cases where cats have become sick where carpets have been treated with stupid amounts of insecticide. If the PCO needs to treat again after hammy moves in take him and his cage out for the night. The residuallity will depend on the active and formulation do you know what was used?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula