(5 posts)
  1. novella

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jul 8 2012 19:42:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Two questions please.

I reported this last week to my landlord. As of Friday , I still have no anser as to when they are coming. I am just afraid the longer it takes the worse it will get. I have started bagging things and throwing things out.

Also, does pest control work. Do they spray and then what happens

I have not seen the bed bugs. I have seen these clear things and then saw something on my mattress. My mattress and box spring are encased.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jul 8 2012 20:32:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm a little lost with your post so I need to ask a couple of questions based on this post and another one I read.

1. Have you confirmed the "clear" bugs you found are in fact bed bugs?
    2. Has your home been inspected by a PCO?
    3. We're you given instructions to prep your place for treatment?
    4. The items you are bagging up, have you been heating/decontaminat these things before bagging? Also, who told you to bag stuff?

3. novella

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jul 8 2012 23:49:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been told by my landlord. I have been washing and drying my clothes and bagging them on high heat. Landlord told me to begin and that pest control will be coming to treat. I provided samples. PCO did not inspect.
    What do you mean by decominant ? I am doulble baggin my other things like pictures, albums.

What do you do with books? I have also been bagging , using zip log bagsa and other bags on top of that.

4. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 9 2012 0:30:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you inspecting things before you bag them?

Are you heating items to kill any bugs that may be harbouring inside?

Washing items that can't be treated?

Are you only bagging them?

5. novella

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 9 2012 20:40:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I am heating all my clohtes and some of them I washed and dried and for the clothes that was dry I dried them for 30 minutes. I have thrown out most of my books. My pictures I am keeping in the bag for 18months. I have not heated anything else. My documents will be sealed in zip log and bags.

The only problem is with my boots and shoes. I threw away most of the used ones. What do I do with the shoes. They are brand new ones. Do I steam them and then put them in bags?

I have a leather coat. Do I dry clean? I do n't thnk the heat is high enough.

What about my make up. I just bought brad new and had them in bags before because I did not put them away. We are talking about lots of them because I went to warehouse sale. What do I do with this. Boxes that I had in my walkin closet, I got rid of and I am washing the dishes because this is where some of my boxes were.

I have clear or plastic boxes and I bought brand new ones what do I do with these.
    thank you in adance.
    I have not seeen any bugs on the floor as mentioned earlier I only saw the clear one the bed.

thank you

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,355 posts in 50,178 topics over 155 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993