Personal Protective equipment list..

(2 posts)
  1. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2008 14:22:19
    #

Login to Send PM

For those of us doing follow up work it would be helpful to have suggestions from the pros on the type of PPE we should use.

I used an N95 mask when spreading DE but wonder if that was the best choice.

Certainly every treatment product may vary but a baseline would be nice.

Jim

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 15 2008 11:24:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Facemask - something good for fine particles.

Goggles - to protect eyes from dust and splash.

Gloves - to make sure that nothing goes from hand to mouth after treatment.

With regards specific recommendations read what you are using and make sure the filters meet the technical requirements for the products you are using. Outside of that gloves use disposable ones and rest of the PPE is very much budget dependent, using it every day we learn not to skimp and cut corners with health and safety.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,277 posts in 49,227 topics over 152 months by 21,578 of 21,999 members. Latest: Cc8656, bb3784738, Buggingout111