Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

People only posting once? False alarms??

(8 posts)
  1. Buggedout32145

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2016 19:00:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I was wondering what everyone (the ppl who mainly respond to peoples questions) thinks about people who come on here and post once or twice and then don't come back. Do you think these were false alarms and they got over it and forgot about the site? Its frustrating to get so deep into someones story when its so similar to my own and i dont see a resolution. Some of them are years old so i obviously can't pm them. I am just curious as to what you guys think? I wish more people would share false alarm or success stories!!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2016 21:11:45
    #

Login to Send PM

People may post once and forget to come back even if they have a legit bed bug problem. Many people get a pro in and get treatment and don't give bed bugs much thought.

Others, perhaps most people who think they have bed bugs, may have had a scare that turns out to be nothing or something else.

Have you seen the success stories here:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/forum/success-stories

It's true most people forget to come back and write one but many do remember and I hope we're reading yours soon.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Buggedout32145

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 9 2016 21:38:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, i hope so too!! I just wonder, always have been an overthinker.. I see people posting for months saying they've been searching for bugs and cant find them, not sure if they're gone, etc and then they just stop! Yes this forum is consuming a lot of my time, keeping me sane so it kind of feels like that show you're so into and it gets cancelled in the middle of the season, which leaves you stuck with no resolution. I hope to add to those success stories, which im going to read now! Thank you!!!

4. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 10 2016 3:29:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm a hanger around. I must have been really marked by the event and have wanted to continue to learn more and also to help others. I am also a landlady with student tenants so I am keen to keep myself in the loop. Really grateful to have found this website.

5. Buggedout32145

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 10 2016 7:23:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Ive become so consumed by this i cant imagine kne day just forgetting about this. Whatever this is or isnt, i wish there were more stories saying "sorry guys, not bed bugs", even i

6. Buggedout32145

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 10 2016 7:26:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Even if it gave me a false sense of relief for even 10 minutes. But thank you for hanging around, i do have 2 friends who have been helpful, but until youve lived this you have no idea!! Thank you for being here and helping people!!

7. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 10 2016 8:57:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I overthink, and then I consume. I'm a knowledge junkie in times of high stress. Gotta learn it all. Then I come back to see the next picture, and the ID for that and I've picked up some handy info along the way. Dealt with BBs three times, but I keep coming back. It gives me a sense of peace, and sometimes I hope I occasionally offers that sense of peace to others.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  8. Buggedout32145

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 10 2016 11:23:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Misery,
    That is exactly how i am. Whether i have bed bugs or not, this experience has changed me. I feel good when someone asks for an id and i think to myself Definitely not a bed bug so i go back when Lou confirms and say Yup i knew it. We had a pco in and i found a bug, panicked, didnt get a close look, he let it go. (Yes, said it was a bed bug and LET IT GO) I feel if i was calmer and at least took my own picture i could have confirmed on my own. This forum is a lot of information, but hey, THE MORE YOU KNOW!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,735 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah