(9 posts)
  1. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Feb 2 2018 20:27:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    I have read people saying they use just Pensil and a duster to treat bed bugs, instead of using harsh chemicals. Does this work? Can these be used as a preventative? Thanks.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Feb 3 2018 8:34:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Persil is the laundry detergent. You don't have bed bugs anyway. We've been through this with you for months. Months of bed bugs feeding on you and your husband will have produced hundreds to thousands of bed bugs. There would be obvious evidence.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Sat Feb 3 2018 19:05:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Lou, Thanks for your response and I'm trying to convince myself and totally trust your opinions. I succeed and then get setbacks even though I'm nearing 6 months since the bug incident. As to the Persil, I know it is a detergent and I'm not planning on using it now. But, I have read it is a way of eliminating bed bug infestations in conjunction with DE without using the toxic chemicals PCOs/people normally use. Does it really work like they say? Want to store the information away for future reference. Thanks and thanks for all you do.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 9 months ago
    Sun Feb 4 2018 12:36:35
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 17 hours ago  » 
    Lou, Thanks for your response and I'm trying to convince myself and totally trust your opinions. I succeed and then get setbacks even though I'm nearing 6 months since the bug incident. As to the Persil, I know it is a detergent and I'm not planning on using it now. But, I have read it is a way of eliminating bed bug infestations in conjunction with DE without using the toxic chemicals PCOs/people normally use. Does it really work like they say? Want to store the information away for future reference. Thanks and thanks for all you do.

What setbacks? There are never any bed bugs to find/see.
    "The name, "Persil", is derived from two of its original ingredients, sodium perborate and silicate. " The silicate must have some effect on them. I know this material is advocated, but I don't know of any data on its efficacy.

5. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Sun Feb 4 2018 13:04:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Lou, thanks for your response. Interesting about the Pensil.

6. F. Pazos

Posted 9 months ago
    Sun Feb 4 2018 20:30:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I did try persil (alway try everything i see/read about as I am always learning), and used it as sole product to try in a couple of our NGO homes, it does kill some bed bugs, but it is far from being anything else than a tool to be used with other methods and it contain chemicals that can be dangerous... If I have to suggest something would be to use it for laundry before bagging.... And as a side note, not only Lou this time, but other experts told you to ease down as you do not seem to have bed bugs... the only thing that you are achieving is to ruin your life

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 9 months ago
    Sun Feb 4 2018 22:25:14
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 9 hours ago  » 

It's Persil, not Pensil. And read post above from F. Pazos.

8. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 0:19:13
    #

Login to Send PM

F. Pazos - 3 hours ago  » 
    I did try persil (alway try everything i see/read about as I am always learning), and used it as sole product to try in a couple of our NGO homes, it does kill some bed bugs, but it is far from being anything else than a tool to be used with other methods and it contain chemicals that can be dangerous... If I have to suggest something would be to use it for laundry before bagging.... And as a side note, not only Lou this time, but other experts told you to ease down as you do not seem to have bed bugs... the only thing that you are achieving is to ruin your life

Thanks for the information on Persil and your side note.

9. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 0:19:41
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 1 hour ago  » 

FayeState - 9 hours ago  » 

It's Persil, not Pensil. And read post above from F. Pazos.

Thanks.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,529 posts in 46,819 topics over 143 months by 20,657 of 21,553 members. Latest: eatenaliveindtla, Sionainn, ykngrggpus