Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

PCOs want to handle and treat EVERYTHING. Normal?

(2 posts)
  1. Bugged42Long

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 24 2011 9:16:41
    #

Login to Send PM

So, new here, and kinda frustrated, so if this is in the wrong forum, have mercy and move it to the appropriate place.

Some backstory:

Me and my roommates had had the apt. treated by Terminex two times in the past (called up by the landlord), and so far the treatment has been ineffective. The landlord's now gotten extremely aggressive with their choice of PCO. While I appreciate the thoroughness these new guys are going through (in light of the apparent ineffectiveness of Terminex as of late), it sounds like they plan on taking everything, including electronics and knick-knacks out of the apartment for treatment in their heat trucks (or, in the case of electronics, treatment is by bagging them and releasing a poison within the bags that's supposedly electronics-safe). This sounds excessive to me, since they'll also be setting traps to lure and kill bugs afterward anyway, and for that reason I'm thinking the intrusiveness doesn't justify the benefit. But again, I'm not an expert, so who am I to argue with the PCO?

I'm just wondering, is this normal or even acceptable? The company is Aardvark Pest Management, if that helps.

2. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 24 2011 9:20:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Um,

Bravo to your LL for being so aggressive.

Yes, that is one way to treat.

I would have loved in my LL sprung for that.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,355 posts in 50,178 topics over 155 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993