Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

PCO/expert ?: will treating carpet beetles hamper bed bug treatment ?

(3 posts)
  1. letshopeitsnotbbs

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Oct 10 2019 18:49:44
    #

Login to Send PM

hi!

No evidence, just bites and dozens of carpet beetles but i did stay at a hotel recently and came home with lots of incredibly itchy bites that blistered. did the laundry protocol but two days after unpacking (yeah...)

my landlord's PCO sounds like he hasn't had lots of experience. i know for sure i have carpet beetles and fleas (or at least one flea that i killed), and possibly rat mites. fun times!

he said he would come to inspect for bed bugs and spray&fog for carpet beetles. i told him i don't want the fog. the spray for beetles is DEMON. i asked him *if* i have bbs what would he use and he said STERIFAB.

question
    1) will demon hamper future efforts to find/kill bbs if i have them? i know enough to tell him not to fog.
    2) i might have seen a bed bug but lost it before i could get it. i saw its butt (yup) and it was roundish not pointy. i did not see stripes but i didn't get a super close look. could it have been a black carpet beetle? found one of those in my bed recently, too. do black carpet beetles move fast and can their butts look like bed bug butts?
    3) have i gone absolutely mad and perhaps need a xanax? (i know the answer to this one)
    4) should i try to get a new PCO?

Thanks!!!!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 days ago
    Fri Oct 11 2019 5:41:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The issue with carpet beetles that causes the skin reaction is already dead. You PCO or more accurately pCO should have known this simple fact and avoided getting you to waste your money.

If you read the forum about CB's you will see the solution you need to do and there are no chemicals involved.

Outside of that learn to check hotel rooms upon check-in and monitor your home as a precaution from a possible exposure.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 5 days ago
    Sat Oct 12 2019 20:48:13
    #

Login to Send PM

It is seldom to have one flea, you need a god inspection and perhaps a few monitors to sort things out.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991