PCO wants evidences

(6 posts)
  1. nightmare

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2009 13:15:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi! After my third treatment failed, the PCO came again for an inspection and to apply some residual dust. Neither me or him understand how I can still have bites. Bed looks perfectly isolated, the room is clean and lack any evidence of bb and the whole house have been treated with extra care. And after the 2 last treatments, I noticed no change in the number of nightly bites. My PCO told me that it all could be in my head, or that I might have fleas, or that I could be biten at work or somewhere else. He even questioned the fact that I ever had bedbugs, while on my part, I am 100% sure. Bites, fecal stains and castskins are clear evidences for me. I got a little bit upset when he told me that bb have no skin, but well, arguing about bedbugs knowledge with a PCO is not the best idea. So, the matter is that now, he wants some clear evidences of bb to continue treating my place. It now seems that my bed isolation is now somewhat working as the number of bites significantly decreased. I am not really excited about putting away my bowls filled with mineral oil in an attempt to catch some live bugs in my bed. Does anybody has any idea how to attract and capture my little roomates without loosing newly acquired sleeping habits? I understand my PCO, he does not want to continue treating a room with no bedbugs anymore, but on my side, i can not wait to get rid of them!

2. yenko133

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2009 13:52:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I been looking for 7 months going on 8 , I have never seen a dead or alive one , I got bites and they happen over nite, How and why do they want this , How do you catch them if they dont want to get caught, If I had a bear in my back yard would they want me to catch it first than call them to make sure its a bear ,

3. losingit

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2009 15:39:15
    #

Login to Send PM

yenko: If I had a bear in my back yard would they want me to catch it first than call them to make sure its a bear

You made me laugh! (not at you but with you:)

thx

4. Bugs_in_Madison

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2009 22:14:56
    #

Login to Send PM

OMG! We are going through a similiar problem with our PCO! My boyfriend and I had NO experience or much knowledge of bedbugs until we noticed what ended up being an infestation 2 weeks ago. We had our apartment sprayed a few days ago, and the PCO left us a sheet on the kitchen counter listing the pesticides they used, but no follow-up care or info. We weren't sure what to do, and when we were STILL getting bit, we called him. He was really rude to my boyfriend, and told him that he didn't think it was possible that we would be getting 4 or 5 new bites each b/c he didn't find very many bugs. He said we probably had some rash, even though our swollen, mosquito-like bites were appearing on different areas of our bodies, and we had captured a bug for the PCO prior to the first treatment. He also demanded to see more bugs, even though we are still getting bit! He was also very defensive and condescending when we asked him how long it takes for the treatment to work, or if we might need another treatment. I'm just pissed b/c he never gave us any information on post-treatment, and is acting like we should know what to do!

Dealing with bed bugs is so stressful, and I am just so glad that I found this website. I have learned so much more from this website than I have from our PCO.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Feb 4 2009 5:41:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Bites but no confirmed signs is a difficult situation. The main reason why PCO are hesitant to treat without evidence is that it is a legal requirement to perform a risk assessment prior to treatment which is basically to establish and confirm that there is in fact a problem in the first place.

As it is possible to get bites without bed bugs due to increased sensitivity and other factors they want to make sure there is still an issue before applying more chemicals to the area.

This can be difficult as you obviously want treated but your PCO does not want to risk their license.

The only resolution to this is to work together and either search to find the evidence and save it for them to see or have them over for a long inspection to go through things. Although some PCO's are reluctant to conduct long investigations it is a service that you should expect to be charged for if you want a couple of hours spent on the job.

I am not a big fan of bed isolation strategies as I have a feeling that they can push bed bugs into living in more remote location where they are harder to find and treat for. Yes I know the only other answer is to be bitten more put from analysis it is the faster way of dealing with the problem.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  6. nightmare

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Feb 4 2009 10:51:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David,
    I guess I will have to say goodbye to my isolation and wake up every night to search for insects. I really do understand my PCO's point. I mean, they did 2 good inspections within one week and found nothing. Moreover, they are not even charging for this and in extra, they gave me some spray to help me with my efforts. They already came 5 times to my place for inspection or treatment. And my PCO told me that if I could find something, to call him right away and that he would spray again. He is being fair.
    So, now, I am the one who will have some work to do! And if I really do not find anything, even while inspecting every night, maybe I can convince myself that they are gone despite of the bites.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,306 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo