(2 posts)
  1. chudzix

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 13 2019 13:58:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone,
    I hope everyone is doing well. I’m very grateful I found this forum, and I would like to ask for advice with my bedbug problem. I noticed them last week. I decided not to fight it on my own, and to call professionals (mostly because I read here I could make the problem worse). PCO just left my house, and he was pushing heavily idea of fumigating my house. He said that my infestation is quite big. He said it would cost $4,000-5,000. He found one spot on the bed and didn’t look anywhere else. I attached photo. It looks like 1 bed bug and droppings. Just based on this one spot, and blood stains. He said I must have it for at least 6 months.
    Can anyone tell me based on my picture, and this info is this heavy infestation or not? This is basically all what this guy saw.
    Do you agree that fumigation is really only treatment? I read here about multiple different approaches, and I’m really confused. I feel like my PCO is pushing for the most expansive method. I would prefer approach with less pesticides. On the other hand I’m having several health problems, and I have a lot of heavy wood furniture in home, and many other items. He said I won’t have to do much house preparation, and this seems to be appealing because I’m just one me and pushing furniture, removing outlets, baseboards scares me a little.
    Here are some facts:
    1. I was not aware of infestation until last week. Before I haven’t seen any bugs I haven’t got any bites. I realized something was going on when I killed a bug and it left big bloody stain. Then I checked my sheets and I saw tiny blood stains.
    2. I found dead bug on my floor and took picture (attached) it looks like bedbug.
    3. I only saw bed bugs in my bedroom. I’m the only one person living in the house.
    4. I never seen more than 2 bedbugs at once.
    5. I took picture of my mattress cover and this is all they found. They haven’t check anywhere else.
    6. I checked sofa in the living room and they are not there.
    I would be very grateful for any advice in my situation, especially for what is the best approach. Should I do call another PCO try to use steamer on the spot I see? Please advise?

Thank you
    chudzix

https://www.flickr.com/photos/170399585@N07/shares/8MJCj0
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/170399585@N07/shares/g6P607

2. chudzix

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 13 2019 14:03:21
    #

Login to Send PM

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,575 posts in 48,150 topics over 149 months by 21,216 of 21,570 members. Latest: Lh0512, patmc3853, stennisplayer07