PCO Success Rates

(9 posts)
  1. OhNoes

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 9:36:56
    #

Login to Send PM

To all the PCOs that frequent the site:

I'm sure that a large number of people come to this site for advice, information, and maybe even entertainment (e.g. bed bug squishing video). One question that I'm sure many people have, including myself, is what are your rates of success after treatment. Many people who post here are the ones that have the horror of needing many many treatments, and I wonder if that is the norm.

Now, I know that every case can and is different, but, I think that seeing what the success rates are for PCOs would help many people feel calm. So, what are your rates after 1,2,3,... treatment(s). How is that affected by mild, medium, and heavy infestation?

2. bedbugman

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 15:57:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I would say....

Low level over 90% one treatment
    Really bad over 90% two treatments

Hope that helps

3. BuggerBeater

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 19:13:58
    #

Login to Send PM

This is a great topic. I agree that the most desperate are the ones predominantly posting in these forums while people who get treated and have the problem disappear aren't likely to be longstanding members.

Thanks bedbugman for your input. I'd be curious to find out from a few more PCO's to get an average success rate.

Personally, I've had 2 treatments and I'm still seeing surviving bedbugs and I had what was classified as a "mild case". Am I part of those 10% and if so, why are those 10% not solved after the first treatment? I'm actually very pro-active and going above and beyond the recommendations of the PCO.

4. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 19:28:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I'm also interested in

1) if there's different sucess rates with multifamily vs. single family (or even duplex) units and
    2) what kind of reinfestation rates are you seeing (we keep hearing about health care workers and reinfestation).

I'm going to sound uneducated but here is goes...90% sounds high to me based on the pests I've dealt with before...roaches and mice. We didn't have or controlled roaches in a home pretty well. With multifamily/multi-unit housing, my experience was that you had to spray all the units around the same time at least once a quarter and some folks would still have the roaches hanging off the ceiling, etc.

I'll be honest...it seems these BBs spread so quickly. Maybe this thread will make me feel more positive. This seems much, much worse than roaches or mice. There are steps you can do to protect your stuff while you get rid of the problem (sealing things for roaches). West Nile is a bigger problem to have, but this seems to impact a LOT of people.

Thanks.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2011 19:39:28
    #

Login to Send PM

It's all about the knowledge and skill of the person doing the treatment. It's pretty clear that the best products and technologies will fail in the wrong hands. And the simplest can be used successfully by those who know what they're doing.

And those people are out there.
    And there aren't just one or two in the world.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. bedbugman

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 17:06:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 21 hours ago  » 
    It's all about the knowledge and skill of the person doing the treatment. It's pretty clear that the best products and technologies will fail in the wrong hands. And the simplest can be used successfully by those who know what they're doing.
    And those people are out there.
    And there aren't just one or two in the world.

Bang on there are many PCO's with the knowledge to successfully and simply control bed bugs, roaches, ants etc.. But for every pco who is passionate about what they do there will be dozens to whom pest control is just a job.

I'm a complete sad case when it comes to pests. I read everything I can get my hands on, study the work of other and spend far too much time on Internet forums. I'm sure there are many others who do the same. The lucky ones find the good PCO's and the bed bugs they are dealt with swiftly.

7. bedbugman

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 17:11:34
    #

Login to Send PM

The unlucky ones come to bedbugger to tell their tales of woe

8. onmylastnerve

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2011 19:17:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been so thankful for this site. and the success rates would be wonderful to hear. The first PCO I called never called me back after 2 phone calls and my father in law referred them and then the school gave me the name of the one they work with. and they have been wonderful so far but my first treatment is tom . and they came in did the inspection and the first thing she told me is i could find someone cheaper but unless they know what there doing and they use the chems right then I am taking my chances. and she was very detailed and even offered a program where I paid 40.00 a month and they would take care of the other pest includeing bedbugs should I get reinfested with them. So I am really hoping I picked the right company. but yes I would love to here about people who have succeded in getting rid of them

9. Leavemealonebb

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Mar 7 2016 20:19:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for thinking of asking this!!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982