PCO says no BB. Harborage question!

(3 posts)
  1. Johnchap

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 22:44:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a suspicion of bed bugs. Yes I could very well be paranoid. I know it's summer, but 3 out of my 5 family members have shown up with bites, skin irritations, random bumps, etc. more that usual within the last 3 weeks (especially noticing them upon waking up in the AM) No bug, casing, or fecal found.

I'll start with this: if you were a bedbug in a home, where would you set up shop FIRST? Bedroom with 1-2 adults in it every night, bedroom with 3 kids (bunk beds & crib) sleeping it in every night, or living room which gets all the action all day long with an occasional parent sleeping in there at night?

PCO came Monday. Checked the beds in each room, windows, curtains, and the couch (sectional). He said no sign of bedbugs. The bites could be from anything- it's summer time.

Tonight I saw small clump in the trundle drawer under the bunkbed when putting clothes away in it. Went to touch it and it kind of smeared. Looked like I'd like tar. So I obviously tear the trundle and all the clothes apart, flipped the bottom part of the drawer and didn't find anything else.

So my question is- if this has been going on for about 3 weeks, we have a SMALL house, PCO said no but I still have a feeling, is it possible that the BB could be in the kids room but just not on the bed- like at all? I mean I've gone over that bed with a fine toothed comb! I guess I'm wondering if anyone knows of a circumstance where the initial infestation started somewhere other than the bed? I picture them moving once the bed has already been established.

Please share your thoughts

2. Johnchap

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 23:13:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I also should mention my close friend discovered a small B.B. Infestation Ju e 1 at her home. I didn't go over there often, but she came to my house a few times. She has since been treated, but treatment doesn't mean they're completely gone.

3. mcsmcs

Posted 4 days ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 18:31:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Does the bed have a wooden frame or are there other wooden items nearby or clutter or cardboard? If you suspect they aren't on the bed but they are there I would buy some climb UPS to put on the bed it would catch them if they were coming from elsewhere in the room.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,535 posts in 45,810 topics over 139 months by 20,174 of 20,973 members. Latest: busbugs, jklyczek, Thisguy97