Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

PCO Said to wait some time to vacuum again? Yay or Nay?

(11 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Apr 14 2008 19:29:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I want to try to vacuum everything away but he said to let the pesticide work a bit first but didn't use powder. Any suggestions? We were treated again on Friday. Maybe tomorrow night?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 15 2008 1:37:23
    #

Login to Send PM

You must follow the PCO's strict instructions on this matter.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 15 2008 4:57:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Many pesticides have a residual activity and remain active after they have been applied. If you vacuum you will lift some of this off the applied surfaces and the treatment will be less effective.

Your PCO should have said when to clean based on the chemicals they have used in the treatment, please check with them before cleaning.

David

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 15 2008 10:05:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Do not vacuum.

5. TK

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Feb 27 2011 18:40:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I wish I had found this site and seen this before I vacuumed the day after they sprayed.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Feb 27 2011 22:02:18
    #

Login to Send PM

TK,

Talk to your pest control professional. They will tell you if the place needs retreating based on the fact that you vacuumed the next day.

7. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Feb 27 2011 23:45:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 1 hour ago  » 
    TK,
    Talk to your pest control professional. They will tell you if the place needs retreating based on the fact that you vacuumed the next day.

Nobugs – should they also tell TK whether they'll do the retreatment, if needed, for free if they didn't advise TK not to vacuum, which, as professionals, they should have known to tell her?

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Feb 28 2011 0:04:17
    #

Login to Send PM

jrbtnyc - 14 minutes ago  » 

Nobugs – should they also tell TK whether they'll do the retreatment, if needed, for free if they didn't advise TK not to vacuum, which, as professionals, they should have known to tell her?

It's probably worth trying to negotiate for that if needed.

David is suggesting above that some sort of guidance maybe should have been given regarding whether and how the client should be cleaning after application of pesticides.

On the other hand, a lot of people here aren't given explicit directions about this or other steps (prep, for example) and end up having to ask. It's too late in this situation, but anyone reading this should keep that in mind in their own treatment -- if in doubt, ask.

9. jrbtnyc

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Feb 28 2011 0:52:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 37 minutes ago  » 
    On the other hand, a lot of people here aren't given explicit directions about this or other steps (prep, for example) and end up having to ask. It's too late in this situation, but anyone reading this should keep that in mind in their own treatment -- if in doubt, ask.

In this situation it isn't too late, is it, if the professionals make up for their own omission – not their customer's omission it seems to me – make up for their own omission by retreating for no charge. That restarts the clock so no harm done, in terms of results the treatment(s) should achieve if I understand correctly, with the customer not having paid anything extra for the second pass.

In general shouldn't the professionals recognize that inherently, their customers don't know they're "supposed to ask about" something, such as what kind of prep might be needed – oh, there's preparation needed? – and what kind of steps are required afterwards. The customers don't know this field, it's the professionals who know it. The customers may be upset and distracted by the newfound bug enemies who have intruded into their lives and by the entire unfamiliar treatment process and by the unanticipated, maybe budget-busting, expenditure whereas the professionals calmly do this all the time for their living – all the more reason why the professionals ought to offer full information-providing services, without having to be prompted to do so, as an integral part of what the customers are paying dearly for, it seems to me.

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Feb 28 2011 3:37:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I think that customers should be explicitly told not to vacuum, clean, etc. where relevant.

Whether TK will be able to get the PCO to treat again for free based on the tech not having been clear about the need to not vacuum the treatment up? I do not know. S/he can make an argument for this, sure.

11. TK

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Feb 28 2011 9:14:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Well he did say that he'll be coming out two more times. I don't know whether that's to spray again or just to look for more bugs, but I will mention it to him.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19