PCO is using dehumidifier???

(6 posts)
  1. Praying

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jan 24 2018 19:29:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a restoration company that has offered to heat my 4br 1860 sq ft home for $1000. He said he has done this before. So he showed up this morning with 3 dehumdifiers and 6 air movers at 9am. At 11am, it was still 75F. At 4pm, it was up to 77F. He says it takes 24 hours to get up to temperature. And to put my heater up to 90F. I think he is full of it.

2. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jan 24 2018 20:18:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I've never heard 24 hours.
    What is his company website?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. F. Pazos

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jan 24 2018 20:37:08
    #

Login to Send PM

dehumidifiers will not get enough temperature and this long to get hot will just make them move away and infest other areas... get a professional PCO and tell this guy to stop doing that

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jan 25 2018 8:42:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, he's a moron, get him out of there.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jan 25 2018 11:20:23
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 2 hours ago  » 
    Yeah, he's a moron, get him out of there.

Ditto. The point is to heat not to dehumidify. It will never reach a lethal temperature in 24 hours, in 24 years. Also, the title of this post is misleading: he is not a PCO.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jan 25 2018 12:04:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I can kinda understand what he believes he's doing, but it just ain't gonna happen.
    Dehumidification was the original intent of air conditioning, the cold is just a byproduct of the Freon changing form from liquid to gas. Use a slow fan across that coil to push away a minimal amount of cold air so that the coil remains cold and it will draw out more moisture. The Freon gas carries the ambient heat to the condenser side where it is compressed back to liquid creating heat in the process and the whole cycle starts over again.

Get all the kids in the neighborhood into your house and have them all rub two sticks together, it'll heat the house faster.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982