Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

PCO is not treating furniture..Scherzinger in Cincinnati..What to do now?

(15 posts)
  1. sdw1994

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Sep 3 2009 9:38:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I have had 3 treatments in two months. We are still getting bit and pinched. We have not seen any since the last treatment which was last monday 8/24. But we have been getting pinched feeling in bed(encased with allzipper) and on couches. We asked him about the couch in the family room and he said to throw it out..which we did this was a sectional with a sleeeper...We actually did see bb's in that couch. We threw it away before the last treatment. We have tons of furnitre that may need to be treated dressers in all bedroom, living room couches,wood dining room table, yamaha piano, and my son has a toddler blue car bed. We probably will be throwing that away since he has grown out of it. PCO states they will not treat furniture. At this point all room are affected..the chilgren haven all been bit. Do we switch PCO or can I treat myself with bedlam, sprayaway, sterifab, cleanfree, DE????

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 6 2010 17:32:43
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I'm watching that acapella talent show on TV the other night. One of the judges is (chatty but hot) Nicole Scherzinger (P-cat Dolls). And I recall this thread. So, Scherzinger is a PCO serving Northern KY and Cincinnati. Nicole is stepdaughter of Gary Scherzinger of Louisville. And I wonder about the connection.

I've been bedbugging too long.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  3. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 31 2012 19:53:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Guess no one knew the answer to this?

4. cinciNASTIbugs

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 1 2012 10:32:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I dont know whether you need to or not to eradicate. But I am using Rose pest control...they came yesterday and sprayed dressers, bookshelves and baseboards...not sure if that helps!

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 1 2012 15:06:26
    #

Login to Send PM

ItchyNYC - 19 hours ago  » 
    Guess no one knew the answer to this?

Hi Itchy,

It's not typical to have to throw furniture out. Most PCOs don't seem to have such a policy, except perhaps in truly extreme cases. Most furniture can be treated. And throwing things out spreads bed bugs anyway.

If yours is saying toss your furniture, and you can choose your own PCO, talk to some more.

If yours is saying toss your furniture, and you are stuck with them because the landlord is paying them, then you should talk to the landlord about this.

The contents of your home could theoretically be treated in a truck or pod with Vikane gas or in a heated trailer. This is not cheap but might be an option for removing bugs from everything.

If you have a landlord whose PCO is forcing you to throw out all of your belongings, you might even want to seek advice from a lawyer or tenants' organization.

Please note: this thread is two years old. It's probably best to start a new thread giving more detail about your own situation next time. However, at this point, feel free to continue this conversation in this thread.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 2 2012 19:15:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the response. I did start a new thread before I posted here but no one answered, so I tried reading this one hoping for some info, but it wasn't here. I guess I was over anxious for a response (maybe needless to say).

Anyway, I am not going to pay to treat my furniture since it's old. I'm sure my landlord is not going to switch PCO's, plus I'm hoping to move out of this apartment within the next year or so and most likely would not be taking my furniture with me anyway. I'll call a tenant's advocacy group on Tuesday to ask them what I should do (since it WILL be a hardship to live for a year or more with no furniture), but if I do throw out my furniture, should I wait until my PCO is done treating to prevent the bugs from spreading more in my apartment? Or can I throw it out immediately? I had one treatment so far with Transport and the only prep I did was to declutter the area where the infestation appeared to be centralized and up to 10 feet away from there. I don't trust my PCO to give me the right answer.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 2 2012 21:38:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert. I think the key thing is sealing thugs in plastic before you move them out, sO bed bugs aren't spread further. Moreover, I would think throwing out sooner is better if you're going to do it because it may help reduce your population.

Keep in mind you may want to destroy things and then bag them. People will reclaim your stuff and bring it back into the building if it's at all useable. This may mean your problem recurs.

If you want expert feedback, I'd post your question into a new thread and give it a title that relates to the question. This may help you get more feedback. Also, if you don't get a response in 24 hours, you can respond to the same thread so it gets refreshed and people have another chance to see it.

8. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 6 2012 22:14:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Anything I've thrown out I clearly marked BED BUGS on it. I also spoke to the PCO's boss and he told me the guy who said my furniture couldn't be treated is WRONG. Thanks for the advice.

9. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 6 2012 22:32:51
    #

Login to Send PM

It is interesting though how this question got a response a full YEAR after it was started and the response didn't even help! So my bumping it up again shouldn't really be an issue, when no one responded to my topic entitled "Treating Furniture" but someone responded to this a year later with no help whatsoever, just to write about a television show they were watching with a "chatty but hot" member of the Pussycat Dolls with the same name as the original poster's PCO!

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Sep 7 2012 2:35:23
    #

Login to Send PM

ItchyNYC - 3 hours ago  » 
    It is interesting though how this question got a response a full YEAR after it was started and the response didn't even help! So my bumping it up again shouldn't really be an issue, when no one responded to my topic entitled "Treating Furniture" but someone responded to this a year later with no help whatsoever, just to write about a television show they were watching with a "chatty but hot" member of the Pussycat Dolls with the same name as the original poster's PCO!

My point was not that you did something wrong, but that it's easier for people to give you feedback on your situation when they have all of your information in one place (I.e. the other thread).

There's also an argument to be made for not bumping things without adding anything-- but I was not invoking it above as far as I can see.

Cilecto's post was purely for entertainment purposes, but since he's one of the longest standing participants here, I think it's entirely warranted. There's a community here that I appreciate, and banning off-topic chatter would make it a less nice place to hang out. Under those circumstances, I expect people with current bed bug issues would have many fewer experts and old timers around to give support.

Unfortunately, in response to your other comment, many people have found that writing "bed bugs" on your stuff is not enough to keep people from thinking it's a great find and taking it home. Sad, but true. YMMV.

11. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Sep 7 2012 20:04:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Well anyone who takes something that says "bed bugs" on it is an effin idiot.

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Sep 7 2012 21:36:56
    #

Login to Send PM

ItchyNYC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Well anyone who takes something that says "bed bugs" on it is an effin idiot.

I agree, itchy.

Unfortunately, if they're your neighbor, they can reintroduce the problem to you, so it's not just a matter of these folks suffering as a result of their stupidity.

Discarding things in a state in which people can't use them anymore, or avoiding discarding them, or finding another means of disposal, protects you.

Anyway, I realize that is a difficult thing to do, but it is important to be aware of these issues.

13. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Sep 8 2012 20:09:18
    #

Login to Send PM

ItchyNYC - 1 day ago  » 

Somehow, I recall that there were responses to the OP. Perhaps they got gobbled up by the forum software. Or, there were no responses. Not all posts get responses.

When a poster is anxious and in distress, it's best to respond "matter of fact". Those of us who've been around for a while do often kid around.

14. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 9 2012 0:17:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I understand that and I hope to at some point (soon I hope, but I seriously doubt it) be able to also joke around again (my normal personality tends towards that)....now is definitely not that time though unfortunately.

15. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 9 2012 0:22:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I am trying my best to not throw out anything unless it's bagged & marked "bed bugs" and if possible defaced in some way, plus I'm trying to wait until my PCO treats the items first. Other than that, my landlord, building super and PCO do not seem too concerned about things getting thrown away incorrectly (although head PCO told me items need to be wrapped in plastic, but then cut off all other information regarding exactly what to do and when to do it and I was so overwhelmed with other things I have to take care of that I declined to ask. I will ask him next time I speak to him). Thank you all for your input, I appreciate it!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus