PCO Inspection Concerns

(3 posts)
  1. tinyone

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Wed Apr 11 2018 14:10:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in an apartment building which has a contract with a PCO so I'm at their mercy. I asked for an inspection after waking up with bites night after night. I was unfortunately unable to be home at the time of my inspection. I had to demand to speak to PCO, as only their receptionist wanted to talk to me. A red flag when off in my head when she asked about my bites, as I know that bites alone mean nothing! PCO says my apartment was positively IDed for an infestation due to findings of bed bug excrement in box spring. When I asked if he found any bed bugs in any stages (eggs, nymphs, adults etc) he said no. Is this alone sufficient proof for treatment?

My management company sent over a contract and it doesn't even list the treatment the PCO will be doing! I demanded they send me the treatment info before I am signing anything.

2. pinheadbites

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Aug 16 2018 22:02:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Should a competent PCO inspection for bed bugs include removing the bottom thin cover under the box spring and looking inside the box spring itself, if no signs of bed bugs are found anywhere else. I understand that the box spring is a common place for bed bugs to hide in. Is it standard practice to look inside the box spring when a professional exterminator inspects for bed bugs, or is this measure often ignored even when there are no signs of bed bugs anywhere else? Any feedback would be deeply appreciated.

3. pinheadbites

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Aug 16 2018 22:02:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Should a competent PCO inspection for bed bugs include removing the bottom thin cover under the box spring and looking inside the box spring itself, if no signs of bed bugs are found anywhere else. I understand that the box spring is a common place for bed bugs to hide in. Is it standard practice to look inside the box spring when a professional exterminator inspects for bed bugs, or is this measure often ignored even when there are no signs of bed bugs anywhere else? Any feedback would be deeply appreciated.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,638 posts in 47,029 topics over 144 months by 20,758 of 21,033 members. Latest: tinfoilfronts, paranoidsouthernchick, HopeTheyAreNotBedBugs