Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

PCO in Chicago

(10 posts)
  1. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Nov 3 2016 21:46:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    I am afraid I might have bedbugs and was wondering if anyone can give me a recommendation for a PCO that they have had success with in the Chicago area. I am interested in all kinds of treatments.
    Thanks.

2. damnbb

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Nov 5 2016 0:28:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Look into Echo tech. I called them after trying anti pest Chicago (didn't like how they handled things). Echo tech was magnificent. $70 for an inspection and they show you the signs of bed bugs and give you instructions on how to prepare for treatment and post treatment.

3. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Nov 5 2016 0:30:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your response. I take it they got rid of your bedbugs. Was it a house or apartment?

4. damnbb

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Nov 5 2016 15:34:20
    #

Login to Send PM

They did, they use different chemicals with each treatment. In the first they come in and vacuum and steam and spray and in the second they dust. I like that they used cimexa dust. And they thoroughly inspect. I live in an apartment. My issue was that my brother was using raid so it spread them out even more. The bed bugs ended up infesting the third and first floor but Echo tech treated all floors including the basement. It was expensive, I paid for my portion because I felt responsible and I know the landlord personally. They charge depending on how big your place is.

5. Livingagain

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Nov 5 2016 20:24:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you remember which chemicals he used each time?

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 6 2016 0:20:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Friends and relatives have had success with Smithereen. Rose has a good reputation also. I don't have any personal experience hiring a Chicago PCO. There are probably many, many good ones.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 6 2016 0:27:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Damnbb, I am glad it was successful. Did you have to do much prep?

8. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 6 2016 0:29:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme, Thanks for your recommendations. If anyone else has any, then I feel you can't have to many.

9. damnbb

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Nov 7 2016 14:13:03
    #

Login to Send PM

If I look over my emails I can find the chemicals they use cause they email you they're report. I just remember reading Cinexa dust and feeling relieved since this website has many good things to say about it. I had done a lot of prep because of starting with Antipest. They wanted the rooms to look like dorms, just the mattress, dressers were to be absolutely empty, closets empty pictures off the walls. So I had a mountain of bags everywhere that we ended up putting in our porch outside and I thanked God it wasn't during the winter cause I would have died. So when Echo tech came I didn't have to do much. They give you a list of what to do. They for sure want you to leave the bed as is because they inspect the sheets and pillows and put everything in a bag after for you to wash.

10. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Nov 9 2016 0:48:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Damnbb,
    Thanks for your response. At this point don't bother to look for the chemicals. I hope you stay bedbug free.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,349 posts in 46,297 topics over 141 months by 20,409 of 21,248 members. Latest: nobugsinmanhattan, newbugpanic, berry1