Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

PCO in Brooklyn/NYC????

(6 posts)
  1. Nicole120

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 2:06:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Any reccomendations for a thorough PCO in Brooklyn that I can call tomorrow? Thank you in advance..at wit's end here.

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 2:08:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Killerqueen (Boot A Pest) is NYC...I think that's Brooklyn (joking). You can look at his postings here. He is not cheap from what I've read but very, very thorough

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. Nicole120

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 2:11:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks theyareoutthere! I will reach out to KillerQueen. I'm
    not sure if my Landlord will pick up the tab, but I'm really hoping so!! This is such a nightmare.

4. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 2:16:18
    #

Login to Send PM

In all fairness to the PCOs (the exterminators), you should probably give your landlord three names and have him contact since he or she will pay. To be clear, unless you will pay the PCO directly, it may not be fair to contact a PCO for advice since the landlord may not pay them. I'm not a PCO, I just used to work with small business owners. You may have the best of intentions, but the landlord may chose not to pay.

There is a lot of great information on this site and you may want to look up landlord responsibilities for Brooklyn.

Good luck!!!!!!!

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 9:08:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you told your landlord you have bed bugs? Most of them want to choose their own PCOs.

You might get a better PCO by choosing your own but remember that if the landlord gets a PCO they may have better access to adjoining units, and may be treating other units already. If so, it can be better if treatment in various units is coordinated.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 9:44:29
    #

Login to Send PM

My friend had BBs in an apartment in Astoria and the guy her LL used wasn't on here, but he was thorough and did an excellent job. I think he's still the guy for that building for any pests they have. Pooint is, some LLs suck, but some do take good care of their property and ultimately their tenants.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,409 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams