Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

PCO has visited 5 times- Do I need to move?

(10 posts)
  1. becca880

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jan 13 2011 9:56:22
    #

Login to Send PM

PCO visited for the fifth time last Friday. I have been finding suspect bumps on my back and chest the past couple of days but I know bed bug bites can show up delayed 9 days so I don't know what to do.

PCO sprayed entire apartment twice, then my room twice (I am the only one being bitten, my roommate has put all her stuff back and she and her boy friend have had no bites). Then on Friday he sprayed my room and the living room. He says he has never had to come back so many times to an apartment and wants me to get a dog before he comes back again because clearly the chemicals are not working.

We have been dealing with this since October and all of my stuff is still in bags.

Any advice? Do I need to move? Where are they coming from???

2. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jan 13 2011 11:19:49
    #

Login to Send PM

You say your in an apartment? Have you contacted you landlord/management? It's very possible that surrounding units may have a problem as well. Which is most likely causing your issues. I would at least start there.

Were there every any BB's found before? Is it possible that your being bitten by something else? It's not all that common to be living in a house/apartment with multiple people and only you the one being bit, at least in my experiences.

Hiring a dog isnt usually all that cheap. So I would certainly find out first if this a problem in the building elsewhere. It sounds like you're at your whits ends. If it is a larger problem than just your apartment, maybe the management company will help foot the bill. Good luck.

3. becca880

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jan 13 2011 11:25:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Dustin. Yes I am in an apartment. I have asked some of my surrounding apartments (though not all, I've asked 2/4) and no one else seems to have a problem. My building/management have been helpful, they put me in touch with the PCO and have paid for everything though I would be responsible for the dog (which my PCO says he can get for $300 and will come with them). I don't THINK it's something else. I have found enough evidence (what I think are casings, apple seed like things in near my bed, along with what I THINK are bugs stuck in the poison near my bed). Don't know where to go from here....I guess if I continue to get bitten I will get the dog, I'm just not sure what the PCO can do differently if in fact the dog is positive. I REALLY don't want to move!

4. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jan 13 2011 11:37:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Is there any way you can take a picture or two of the suspected bugs?

The thing I hate about apartments and BB's is it seems there are still so many people who are either: A, embarrassed. B, have no idea what to look for. C, Don't react to any form of bite or D, just plain out don't care. As a PCO I always try to get into multiple apartments(at least surrounding ones) when I'm called out to a BB job. Just about anything can happen when you're hooked on to X amount of people.

I guess if I were in your boots I would shell out the 300 for the dog. I personally have never used a dog so I can't give ya any info on how well they work

Edit: You have many other options if traditional chemicals aren't working, which it sounds like they aren't. All you can do is ask your PCO and management is if in fact it is BB's, what other options do you have.

5. USDD

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jan 13 2011 11:41:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Just be aware that most companies will want to wait at least 30 days after the apartment has been sprayed with chemicals to bring their dogs in. I would recommend that you go with a company that has no ties with the PCO, that way you can be assured a honest assessment. There are some great PCO's out there that are very trustworthy, there are also a lot out there that are just going after the mighty dollar, it is just to easy for the PCO's to be dishonest and make that extra money!

6. IndianaBugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jan 13 2011 14:12:36
    #

Login to Send PM

What it this dog thing about? Do they detect the bed bugs? We are at the end of our rope with this bed bug thing. I will try anything!

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jan 13 2011 15:04:59
    #

Login to Send PM

IndianaBugs - 51 minutes ago  » 
    What it this dog thing about? Do they detect the bed bugs? We are at the end of our rope with this bed bug thing. I will try anything!

See our FAQ on bed bug canine scent detection.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. USDD

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jan 13 2011 15:36:44
    #

Login to Send PM

IndianaBugs - 1 hour ago  » 

In short, Bed bug Dogs are used to find Bed bugs. If you are certain that you have bed bugs, then I would recommend using the money towards the treatment, unless you want to pinpoint where the infestation/s are located. I would suggest bringing in a K-9 after you have the treatment to verify that there are no bed bugs remaining. If you are not certain that you have bed bugs then bringing in a K-9 would be a great option, if the dog alerts, make them show you the bugs!

9. PestControl Tulsa

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jan 13 2011 17:12:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Indianabigs,
    Question,is both your matress and box springs in "encasements"? Most of my experience has been with the bb nesting in the box springs way up under the wood struts,to check there you will need to remove the cheesecloth stapled to bottom. I wouldnt bother replacing of the cheesecloth as bed bugs are NOT kept out by these. If infact they are harboring in the boxspring or the matress a quality encasement is a must.Your PCO should have recomended these items as they are standard with our treatments(unless both are discarded at time of treatment. Not sure if I was any help but your here to get opinions ,and advice,and we're glad to assist .

10. PestControl Tulsa

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jan 13 2011 17:14:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Ooops! Sorry my last post was intended for Becca and not Indiana,my bad.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,328 posts in 50,173 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14