Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

PCO claims no need to steam or buy packtite. Trust him? What are cheap solutions

(5 posts)
  1. Scratchy and itchy

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Sep 10 2012 11:04:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I am in the early stages of treatment. We just had our inspection and are about to start bagging to begin our first treatment. Our problem seems to be severe since we have found traces of bugs in our kitchen and bathroom. We will need to empty every shelf and surface in our home to prepare for treatment making our apartment virtually unlivable. Anyway, our PCO said that he thought it was unnecessary for us to buy a dry steamer or a packtite because the treatment was very thorough. I have looked up reviews of this company and cannot seem to find anything but our building management company seems to recommend them highly. Should I trust this? How will be have peace of mind with all our household goods (books, dvds, etc) to make sure they aren't infested? I would love to not have to spend $400+ on these solutions since everything else is costing us so much money and we are newlyweds. Any advice? I want to be thorough and make sure this problem does not return but I also would love to do it all as cheaply as possible.

PCO said that they will drill holes into all of our walls and pump whatever they are using into them. This means our home will be unsafe for our cats. Has anyone else had this type of treatment done before? Is it effective?

Also, our neighbors are not being treated. I asked them and they claimed no signs. I still have not asked upstairs or downstairs. I just want to make sure this never returns and is taken care of ASAP. Suggestions?

2. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Sep 10 2012 16:00:54
    #

Login to Send PM

What kind of treatment are they using? I believe the only way they could give you that kind of advice is if it's thermal treatment (I am a total newbie, but if I keep spending hours online reading about these monsters, I will be moving to the next level soon!).

Whatever treatment that's used, if your neighbors have them, you can get them back at some point.

3. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Sep 10 2012 16:02:15
    #

Login to Send PM

There's also Vikane but I think that's illegal to use in apartment buildings.

4. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Sep 10 2012 16:04:24
    #

Login to Send PM

The other reason to give that advice is if everything you own can be heated in a dryer; then you wouldn't need a Packtite.

5. ItchyNYC

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Sep 10 2012 16:09:00
    #

Login to Send PM

The smaller size Packtite (and it's not really that small) is $300, not $400+

The Packtite closet is much more expensive, I think around $700

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982