Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

PCO applied EcoPCO AR-X, not labeled for bed bugs

(11 posts)
  1. healthimpacted

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 16:55:45
    #

Login to Send PM

PCO applied EcoPCO AR-X dust to the outlets in my bedrooms today. I just read the label online, and it is not labeled for bed bugs. Why would they do this?

2. weedbugpest

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 17:08:55
    #

Login to Send PM

If I recall EcoSmart AR-X is the aerosol and I hope he didn't apply that to live outlets. Highly doubt it

My best guess is he filled out your invoice wrong and he was supposed to put EcoSmart D-X.

A- Aerosol
    D- Dust

And the D-X is rated for bedbugs.

Good luck w/ your treatment! Keep us posted on your results

3. healthimpacted

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 17:13:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope you are right.

4. weedbugpest

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 17:20:41
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have any concerns of mis-application definitely bring them up w/ your Pest Control Company. I assume you paid good money for this treatment and there should be no doubt in your mind that the problem was taken care of.

Post back your results of the conversation. No PCO should take offense to an educated customer with concerns.

Good luck

5. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 17:22:14
    #

Login to Send PM

AR-X comes as a wettable powder and hopefully that isn't what they used.

Likely was DX

6. weedbugpest

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 17:34:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Wettable powder is WP-X at least thats what my distributor lists it as.

A- Aerosol, D- Dust, IC- insecticide concentrate, WP- wettable powder

Hope they didn't use an aerosol or wettable in the outlets.

Either way contact them and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt they just wrote the wrong abbreviation on your invoice

7. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 19:58:15
    #

Login to Send PM

ARX would be permissible for bed bugs as crawling insects as specified on the label. DX clearly states bed bugs on the label.

8. healthimpacted

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 20:26:27
    #

Login to Send PM

It was a DE dust applied with a puffer. There is dust ouside the outlets on the carpet. Is it safe for me to sleep in my bedroom tonight? They also applied Onslaught around the perimeter. It smells pretty strong. I have the windows open, and it's freezing.

I have been disappointed with my PCO since they completed an unsuccessful heat treatment back in January. I paid for the more expensive heat treatment so I would not have to endure the chemicals, as well as get rid of the bugs.

9. weedbugpest

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Mar 3 2011 22:22:30
    #

Login to Send PM

With your heat treatment you should have received a 30 day warranty at best... did you have them come back and retreat?

10. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Mar 4 2011 10:10:46
    #

Login to Send PM

The AR-X is an aerosol. There really isnt much of a residual to it so it's best used as a contact killer IMO. D-X is the dust. I'm 99% sure thats what was used in the outlets. Either way, both products are relatively harmless as long as used as directed. (no huffing, eating or bathing in said products, duh.)

11. healthimpacted

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Mar 5 2011 16:36:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Turns out I am seriously allergic to the pesticides used in my bedrooms. They are not harmless to me. I get very sick and ended up in the ER twice. The first time (Feb) I didn't correlate the symptoms to the pesticide because it was two days later. I am not staying in the house except for brief visits. Airing out with windows open but unfortunately it's going to rain tomorrow. I put down a dry ice trap today so bugs will (hopefully) not go to neighbors (have to order an active alert but luckily dry ice place nearby). One neighbor works in environments that have bed bugs and has yet to inspect his place. We share master bedroom walls. He's known that I've had them for a while now.

I chose heat but treatment was unsuccessful. PCO guarantee is 30 days, with pesticides as solution. I have no faith in the PCO at this point...unsuccessfult heat treatment in January, listed wrong pesticide, didn't give any documentation on products, and no instructions on staying away/ventilation/vacuuming.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,696 posts in 50,018 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur