Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Pattern of Bites - Ideas? (with Pictures)

(4 posts)
  1. RedScare

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jul 25 2015 12:43:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I'm a NYC native and luckily haven't dealt with many bug issues - at least until now.

Yesterday morning I woke up with a few bites on my upper right arm, and it seemed that more appeared throughout the day especially if I accidentally scratched the area. Before yesterday I had NO bite marks anywhere on my body. This morning there were NO new bites when I woke up. I do have "allergic" reactions to bug bites, but these are smaller than my typical reactions to mosquitos.

Timeline:

Tuesday - No bites, no changes in behavior.
    Wednesday - No bites, ate dinner outdoors 7-9pm, arms exposed.
    Thursday - No known bites, walked 30 minutes outdoors around dusk BUT clothing was covering arms.
    Friday Morning - Woke up with bites on upper right arm, more seemed to appear throughout day/with scratching. By the evening I can count about 30 individual small spots.
    Saturday Morning - No new bites. Bites are extremely itchy.

The bites are ONLY on my upper right arm. Here are some images - http://postimg.org/gallery/132w9he4k/

Any thoughts or insight? I'd really appreciate it!

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jul 25 2015 12:53:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Turn the bed bug "head monitor" off for your own sanity.

There are no "patterns" that accurately describe a bed bug bite. They can bite in all sorts of ways.

One day of "bites" means life is happening around you. Don't forget to breathe:-)))

In short - do nothing, don't even think about it again. Could be anything and nobody online can tell you anything different at this pioint.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jul 25 2015 16:20:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you have types of monitors out? It's best to be able to locate insects if you suspect "bites" rather than trying to figure out insects via the skin lesions.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. BuggedFootman

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jul 25 2015 21:09:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not at all an expert, but my experience with bedbugs was small groups of bites, a few at a time. Mine were dealt with before becoming more than a minor infestation, but I suspect most infestations start as minor ones, unless you brought home a massively infested piece of furniture.

One isolated instance of lots of bites doesn't sound like any bed bug case I've read about. I'm sure it's still possible that it was bed bugs, but it just as easily isn't.

If they're bed bugs they'll bite you again, so that would make a slightly better case. Until then, I'd take killerQueen's advice and not think about it.

If you keep getting bitten, or if it'll just help you sleep at night, get some kind of bed bug monitor.
    Here's the FAQ on those: http://bedbugger.com/2009/04/23/bed-bug-monitors

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,803 posts in 50,043 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen