Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Passive Monitors Question

(4 posts)
  1. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 5:36:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok...let me just start by saying this may sound I sane but, this is me and where my head goes. I have ordered the recommended monitors. I ordered them online. Now as I wait for them to arrive...I start to irrationally wonder if it is possible that someone would tamper with them and sell them with bugs in them or something. So that they could then sell you treatment...conspiracy theory...
    So will flashlight will be able to look into them when they arrive?
    For any of you that think your paranoia is at a high level. I offer my delusions as proof that you are not alone.
    For me it ebbs and flows...my last uptick was about four months ago. Still no evidence but just can't seem to shake the fear completely but, I do admit that I feel as if I am at least living more easily -- even though I do purchase rubbing alcohol in bulk, LOL.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 6:36:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I am so please you clarified "irrationally" in your post. While it is a comment that has been made before it is thankfully not that common, I usually hear it from uneducated professionals try to instill "fear".

Yes, you can look inside and it will be clear, but I would not anticipate their being an issue because I know all those who sell the PackTite Passive know I would be paying them a visit if it were to occur. At 6'2" I am not the sort you would like to meet when I am annoyed.

Have a good look at it before you install and if you are concerned about anything take a picture and let me see what your concerned over.

Hopefully it will help you to restore some logic and use less rubbing alcohol (its only really effective when you can see what your aiming to kill).

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 7:13:35
    #

Login to Send PM

The fear is such a problem. I am sure that I will be fine once I get them and can see with my own eyes.
    Rubbing Alcohol is my best friend...has been for years...I do the bleed test on dirt from my pets as a double check for fleas...so once I learned BB are a real thing...I use it on all bits of questionable debris or fresh spots. Probably not a 100% accurate thing but, if that and now these monitors help me calm down...then I will roll with it.

As always, I truly appreciate the comments.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue Mar 19 2019 9:43:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Being able to understand its "fear" and its influence is a lot more healthy than you realise. Its people who are subject to the influence who do not appreciate its power that are of greater concern.

I am a huge advocate of seeking help if needed and if you feel it impacts your life its time to think about it. We all understand that to remain healthy takes exercise and good food but as a society we do not always appreciate that mental health takes work as well. I left that realization aside for a long time once which is why I try to help people to understand logic better.

I know from experience that some of the people who experience a strong reaction have unresolved underlying issues or issues of an epigenetic nature which take tools to help you better navigate your way through and those are best taught by professionals.

I also hope that you can appreciate that the monitor will help you to avoid over checking and worrying over the slightest speck of dirt. They don't need to be checked more than weekly and you only need to look for the faecal traces on the detection skirt.

Yes I am a fan of rubbing alcohol over harsh cleaners but as contact killers for organisms I favor the less flammable dilute washing up liquid and a calm trigger finger.

Hope that helps and that things become more manageable.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982